048

A muffled ticking sound could be heard from the other side of the double doors at the opposite end of the room. A ticking sound that slowly, but surely, got louder. "What the hell?" Taeyong muttered, looking away from me as all eyes seemed to fixate on the doors, "Go check it out," he ordered, and a couple of 127's members shuffled away. I was still dizzy, but as the sound grew even louder, I suddenly realized what was going to happen, whipping my head op to stare at the group of men as they crossed the room. My heart dropped, and a couple of seconds later, a loud ringing noise filled my ears as everything in front of me exploded and the doors flew open, or rather, into the room.

I coughed, blinking tears out of my eyes as I tried to get a hold of myself. The ringing noise was still there, and everything seemed to move in slow motion for a couple of moments as I took in the state of absolute chaos that was unfolding right in front of my eyes. The wall on the other side of the room had crumbled, laying in broken pieces on the floor, and the night sky could be seen through cracks in the ceiling, showing only darkness and emptiness on the other side, through the moon shone down on us as well, brightening up the room with rays of white light that could be seen clearly in the smoke and dust-filled room.

I felt both scared and relieved as time seemed to take on its natural course again, and the sounds of gunshots filled the air as a fight broke out. From the smoke, Trinity Six had appeared in full mission-gear, all-black, and armed to the teeth with firearms and other dangerous weapons, wearing protective glasses to give them an advantage after the explosion. They had planned this, I told myself, feeling my heart swell with pride as I looked at them go to town on NCT 127's members, though it was quickly replaced by sadness once again as tears began falling down my cheeks.

What are you doing? I thought to myself suddenly, trying my best to keep my eyes open, trying my best to take in everything that was going on around me. Everyone is fighting, I told myself, which means that I should be fighting as well. I was a part of Trinity Six as well. A part of Divison Eight. And if I was going to go down tonight, I was going to go down fighting, like everyone else on my team.

With the sudden burst of new energy, I finally managed to stand up somewhat straight, taking a deep breath before looking up at my hands that were still tied above me. My wrists were bloody and bruised, covered in angry hues of purple and red, but that was a problem that I would have to deal with later. I pulled at the ropes, hesitantly at first, though the tugs quickly became harsher and harsher, but to no avail. I winced at the pain, giving myself a moment to think of another way to escape, but as I looked out at my surroundings, I saw that the dust and smoke from the explosion had almost disappeared, giving me a clear view of the fight between the two mafias. And at that moment, my eyes locked with the guy in the middle of the room, and my heart skipped a beat as I stared back at Jaemin, my musketeer, who looked just as happy to see me at that moment. He had been fighting side by side with Jeno and was now standing over an unconscious member of NCT 127 while the other went to help Mark. I let out a strangled sound as I felt tears well up in my eyes once again, and I wished I could hold out my arms as I saw Jaemin running towards me.

When he was only a couple of meters away, though, I felt another pair of arms snake their way around my upper body, and my eyes widened in shock as I felt the cold tip of a blade against my throat. Jaemin froze in his steps, a look of horror in his face.

"Now, my dear y/n, this was not exactly part of the plan," Taeyong said, his voice dripping with malice and hate as he spoke from right behind me, resting his head in the crook of my neck. I shivered, feeling my heartbeat pick up as he pressed the knife closer to my throat. "But, alas, I'll just have to work with what I have," he continued, letting out a low laugh, "And it just happens that I have you, their most prized possession. How lucky. It's a shame they won't get the chance to get you back, though,"