Welcome

My mom had unpacked and tidied up the main parts of the house that she wanted. But she then decided for some reason to start cleaning the house. My mom's the kind of person that likes to do things by herself because then she knows it'll get done right, I can exactly give out about that since I got it from her too.

"You know the party's not happening here right?" Laura tried to say over the vacuum, though her words fell on deaf ears leading her to roll her eyes amused before closing the fridge door and heading upstairs to get ready. Although this was a 'party', Laura knew not to dress too over the top since it was likely the tribe party would be held outside and would be more of a casual thing. She chose a pair of denim blue jeans, and a black, slightly cropped top, along with some boots. Sitting at her desk with her small mirror in front of her she began to straighten her hair when she heard the vacuum stop.

"Is that the time?!" she heard her mother shout from downstairs, before hearing her footsteps race causing Laura to laugh.

Laura liked to be on time, and so did her mother but it seemed that somehow she always managed to run a little on the later side when it came to events like this. After straightening her hair a very minimal amount, she made her way into Nate's room to start getting him ready since she knew after all that cleaning her mother was going to take a shower. Looking through Nate's wardrobe as he played on his Nintendo the teen picked out some jeans and a nice top, before she began to help him get dressed. Nate hadn't stopped complaining about his jeans being uncomfortable since he put them on. "No jeans, no candy" Laura shrugged, leaving Nate to huff in defeat as she tidied his hair.

"Nate, come on we need..." her mother's voice trailed off as she entered the room, attempting to put her earring in. "Oh" she said, seeing her son already dressed and ready to go, her eyes drifted to her daughter and she smiled. "Thank you"

I wanted to make things as easy as possible for my mom. I know that now she has extra family here to help her grieve and whatnot, but I also know that she'll still want to play mother hen to me and Nate even though I can take care of myself. If something as simple as dressing Nate can take some of the pressure of her shoulders, then, of course I'd do it.

Once again the trio were setting off to La Push, this time thankfully without the bright, firetruck-red jackets. Arriving at Billy's house nerves set in again for Laura, though she took a breath to try and calm herself as she stepped out of the car. She was feeling anxious, it was something that for some reason started at the beginning of her junior year and she didn't know why but certain situations brought it on, and clearly this was one of them. They began to make their way towards the backyard where the party was being held, though Billy and Jacob met them halfway. 

"Billy, thank you so much" Susan beamed as she leaned down to hug the wheelchair-bound man.
"Of course" he smiled at her, returning the hug. "Laura, you look so grown-up"
"Still a short stack though" Jacob teased.
"Haha, very original" she smirked, narrowing her eyes at him. She stood at 5 foot 1 and it was unlikely she would grow to be any taller, though she had come to terms with it and now liked her height
"Jacob said there'd be candy" Nate said, eyes darting around the backyard in search of some.
"Nate" Susan scolded him embarrassed.
"He's fine" Billy laughed waving it off. "There's food on the tables, Sue cooked up a storm. And if I remember correctly, I think I left my stash of candy on that table over there" Billy whispered the latter part to Nate who grinned ear to ear before running off to the table Billy had nodded towards. Laura giggled lightly and shook her head at her brother, he like most kids truly had no filter and it was great.
"You really didn't need to do all this" her mother sighed happily.
"You might have left the reservation for a while, but you never leave the tribe" he smiled sweetly. Susan went with Billy to catch up with the other adults.