Cold & Hot

After having tea at the house and explaining what had happened to Allison mom finally decided to leave. I made sure to keep out the Edward part since Sam was hearing the story and already seemed off about him. I almost felt bad about my attitude towards Jasper, but I know what I saw and I didn't want to listen to any lies. I wasn't even fazed by the fact I had been in an accident, again only a minor one, though still I didn't feel even the slightest bit shaken because I was so focused on what I had seen. Edward Cullen somehow made it all the way across the parking lot and stopped Tyler's van from hitting Bella, he could deny it, his family could deny it, but Bella and I saw him.

The next day there was a Biology field trip, and suddenly I found myself wishing I was taking the class because I knew my gym teacher was going to try make me sit out of doing activity anyway and I'd be bored out of my mind. The bruise on my cheekbone was a lovely mixture of hues, though I didn't care to try and cover it up, it didn't matter to me, frankly, it was the last thing on my mind.

Pulling into the parking lot, a little on the later side Laura saw the school buses ready to take the Biology students on their trip. Edward, Alice and, Jasper were all standing together while Bella was by her truck with Mike. Parking next to Bella, Laura hastily grabbed her bag and got out of her car before approaching the brunette, as Mike walked away. 
"Hey" Laura greeted, shyly holding her bag strap close to her. 
"Hey" Bella's light voice mumbled. "Your cheek doesn't look too bad" she smiled politely. 
"Thanks" Laura knew that it definitely could've been worse, so she was willing to take the bruise she had. She glanced over her shoulder towards the three Cullens, all of whose gaze was on the girl's before they looked away when Laura caught sight of them. Biting her lip she looked back to Bella, and mouthed "Anything" while gesturing with a subtle nod towards the Cullens. Swallowing the lump in her throat Bella shook her head. Neither girl knew any more than they did the day before.
"Yo, yo, yo, hey guys c'mon, we gotta go, green is what? Good" Bella's Biology teacher called the students. 
"See you later" Laura huffed as she turned to head towards the school, with Bella making her way towards the buses. Keeping her head down Laura ignored the Cullens and Jasper as she passed them, the cold feeling that Jasper felt coming from her caused him to frown; it wasn't what he was used to radiating from her and he didn't like it. The blonde opened his mouth to speak but he didn't know what to say and could only watch as she passed him by, before he had to get on the bus. 

Laura entered the gym where she saw her teacher making teams for volleyball. Upon seeing Laura walk in her teacher, Mrs. Shaw told the others to do some stretches as she made her way over to the teen. 
"Now I know you're gonna say you're fine, but I think you should sit gym out for today given what happened yesterday, and no buts" 
"I knew you were gonna say that, but..." Laura began with a slight smirk "I'm dressed in my kit and I'd really like to take part instead of sitting around for an hour" 
"Don't you have some other work you could do? Homework you forgot to do last night?" Mrs. Shaw grinned playfully, but Laura shook her head. 
"I'm caught up on everything" she answered honestly. "I won't overwork myself, and if I'm not feeling great I'll sit it out" she attempted to persuade. 
Eyes locked onto Laura's blue ones the teacher gave in and nodded, before pointing towards the other girls for her to join them. Laura grinned happily to herself to have convinced Mrs. Shaw to let her play, Laura liked volleyball, she wasn't great but she enjoyed it. During a break from playing, Laura strolled over to Eliza who was sat on the bench. "Hey, you never told me how things went with Jace" she said tiredly as she took a seat. "Don't tell me it went bad?"
"No, no, it was really good actually" Eliza blushed. "He's really sweet, and we get along really well" she beamed.
Laura found herself smiling back at her friend, happy to see her happy. "And what about my prom suggestion?" 
"It's a month away! I don't wanna seem desperate!" 
Laura let a laugh pass her lips before bringing up her hand to cover her mouth. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I laughed" she apologised grinning. "I don't think you'll see desperate though, I think you'll show you're interested in him and that you're confident" she counseled. "And I have a feeling he'll say yes"
Eliza looked at her friendly wryly, being rejected always felt bad, and although she hadn't been rejected the fear of it was looming and she'd just built up the courage to ask him on a date at the weekend. Though as Eliza sat there looking at her friend and having heard her words, she found herself wanting to ask Jace to prom now. "Okay, I'll ask him" Eliza smiled.