Sweet

Laura's first class was gym, so after she and Jasper parted ways at her locker she made her way into the gymnasium and was practically ambushed by Eliza. 
"Is there something you need to tell me?!" the girl exclaimed as she grabbed her friend's arm. 
"You look good?" Laura playfully replied. 
"I heard you were holding Jasper Hale's hand this morning?"
"Oh no, is handholding in public outlawed?" she sarcastically asked, though seeing the unamused look on her friend's face she nodded. "Yes we were holding hands Eliza, but it's no big deal. I'm sure you and Jace hold hands"
"Yeah, but I told you about me liking Jace. When did you and Jasper happen?" Eliza asked as she folded her arms over her chest. 
"We didn't happen, I don't know, we, I don't know if there is a we" Laura stuttered as she shook her head. 
Seeing her friend becoming flustered Eliza held up her hands. "Hey, relax. Don't start overthinking it" she nodded. Laura nodded and let out a breath. "Whatever it was... it looked cute" Eliza added with a grin causing Laura to smile. 

Her next class was Spanish, Tyler asked if she was going to prom with Jasper now, to which she let him know she still was unsure about the whole prom thing. In Trigonometry Mike asked about Bella and Edward, not even passing mention of her and Jasper which she was actually glad about. Lunch came around and Laura had just gotten her tray of food when Jasper walked over to her. "Do you wanna sit with me and my friends?" Jasper asked, repeating a question she had asked him on their first day of talking.
Laura smiled coyly and shook her head amused by him, "What about Rosalie?" she huffed. 
"Something tells me she'll keep quiet this time" he assured her with a smug grin, he placed his hand on her lower back and began to lead her to the table. That was the first lunch Laura had spent with the Cullens, Bella had glanced over once or twice though stayed with the others at their table. Eliza had also looked over and made a face or two, returning the favour for how Laura had acted the time they were at the beach with the guys. When the bell rang Rosalie was quick to grab Emmett's hand and leave the table.
"I think I'm gonna invite Bella over to the house the day after tomorrow to meet everyone" Edward said, tucking his hands into his back pockets. 
"That sounds like a great idea" Alice smiled before nudging Jasper with the side of her arm. 
Jasper cleared his throat and quickly turned to face Laura. "We better get to History" 
Laura smiled and nodded. "Thanks for letting me sit with you" she told Edward and Alice before she and Jasper began to hurry off. Making a stop at her locker before class, Laura smiled at Jasper. "Just so you know, you don't need to invite me to your house just because Edward's inviting Bella" 
"I don't want you to think that I'm against you meeting my family" Jasper was hast to add, making Laura giggle. 
"I don't think that" she assured him, "I've spoken to Alice a few times, and you invited me to have lunch with you guys. Plus I met Carlisle at the hospital, so I've met all your family except Esme" she nodded, letting him know he shouldn't feel any pressure. Jasper smiled a once again how understanding she was. "Besides it could go horribly, I'll let Bella be the test dummy" she winked playfully.
Jasper chuckled, "Perhaps we should bring you both over at the same time, divide some of the attention you'll receive?" he suggested. 
"Actually, I think I'd like that. I'd hate all the attention to be on me, and you guys kinda did that to me for a while when I got here" she laughed. 
"Apologies ma'am" Jasper grinned, emphasising his southernness which lead to Laura smiling widely.

The rest of the school day had gone by fast, Laura said goodbye to Jasper at his car before making her way to where she'd parked. Just as she opened her door she heard her name being called, "Laura!"
Looking up she saw two familiar faces, "Jace, Jared, hey" she smiled. Jace was sat in the passenger seat of a car and Jared was in the driver's seat. "What're you guys doing here?"
"Picking up Eliza" Jace nodded. 
"They're going shopping for prom" Jared teasingly added, causing Jace to roll his eyes and Laura to giggled. 
"Very cute" Laura grinned before her eyes darted to the side. "Here she is now" 
Eliza jogged over to the parked car, her bag slinging halfway down her arm. "Sorry, sorry Mrs. Baker wouldn't stop talking" she apologised, to which Jace assured her it was okay as she hopped into the back of the car. "You guys have fun shopping" Laura ended. They gave their goodbyes and as the car moved passed her she could see the disapproving looks on the Cullen's faces and Laura realised it was probably because of Jared's presence. She gave a half sided smile to Jasper before finally getting into her car and heading home.