Help

Getting to the house Jasper and Laura rushed inside and headed to the living room where Carlisle, Esme, and Rosalie were. "What's she doing here?" Rosalie asked with a scrunched nose. 
"She refused to go home" Jasper ruefully admittedly. 
"Well make her" Rosalie countered taking a step forward. 
"Rosalie" Esme scolded her as she moved to Laura's side and wrapped an arm around her. "Do you want some tea?" Esme compassionately offered. 
"I'd love some" Laura nodded before Esme began to lead her to the kitchen, though she was sure she could hear Rosalie and Jasper bickering causing her to glance over her shoulder. 
"Don't mind them" Esme smiled rubbing the girl's shoulder. "And don't take whatever Rosalie's says to heart" Laura nodded and stood at the island watching as Esme began to make her a cup of tea. "Why wouldn't you go home?"
"I want to help... somehow, and I refuse to sit at home worrying about all of you" she explained, dreading the thought. 
Esme smiled as she picked up the cup of tea and placed it in front of Laura. "I'm surprised Jasper listened to you" 
"I have a way with words" Laura said playfully as she picked up the cup and took a sip before noticing Esme's attention shift. "What is it?" Laura asked paranoidly. 
"Laurent is here" she said before blurring behind Laura and pulling her hair over her shoulder's like Bella had been told to do. "Lucky you haven't taken the coat off" Esme breathed, her motherly instincts kicking in as she wanted to protect the girl.
Suddenly Jasper appeared in the kitchen, "I told you you should've gone home" he said with a sick feeling in his stomach. 
"It's okay Jasper, we'll stay here, Carlisle can talk with him" Esme said reassuringly before handing Laura her cup again. Laura looked between the two whose vampire hearing was picking up on the conversation while she was left in the dark, though Laura would keep asking what had been said every now and then. Laurent was there to warn them; James was an unparalleled tracker and his mate Victoria wasn't to be underestimated. As Carlisle was showing Laurent out they ran into Bella and Edward, though it was explained to them also before Laurent eventually departed. 
With Laurent gone Esme, Jasper and Laura quickly made their way towards the garage where everyone else was headed. "Wh-what're you doing here?" Bella asked dumbfoundedly as she saw Laura. 
"I'm not in trouble, so I wanna help you" she smiled at her friend, though Bella was just filled with futher guilt about another person that might now get hurt because of her. 
"She shouldn't be here Jasper" Edward advised lowly. 
"You try telling her that" the blonde retorted. 
Edward exhaled lightly and turned his attention to his brother's mate, "Laura-"
"No" Laura cut him off quickly before turning away from him, leaving Edward standing wide eyed before they continued into the garage. 

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill" Jasper told Emmett. 
"But not impossible" the bigger brother added as they reached as set of cupboards. "We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces" Emmett said, with almost a hint of excitment in his voice. Laura was stood by the cupboards watching as everyone raced around grabbing whatever was needed.
"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James" Carlisle commented grabbing a bundle of money. 
"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked as she sat on a counter. There was a pit in Laura's stomach at the words, though Rosalie's question was ignored as Edward spoke after her. 
"I'm gonna run Bella south, can you lead the tracker away from here?"
"No Edward, James know you'd never leave Bella, he'll follow you" Carlisle knowingly pointed out. 
"I'll go with Bella" Alice said stepping over to the pair. "Jasper and I'll drive her south. I'll keep her safe Edward"
"I'm coming too" Laura said walking over to the car Jasper was preparing. 
"No!" Jasper quickly argued. "I brought you to the house like you asked, there's no need for you to come south"
"The smell of my coat might help keep him off your trail" Laura mused, trying to think of a reason for her to tag alone. 
"Well then we'll just take the coat" Jasper countered. 
"I won't give it to you"
"Then we don't need it" he attempted to end the conversation, walking around to the driver's side of the car and getting in. 
Letting out a large huff Laura stormed around the car and got into the back, an action that caused Jasper to whip around in his seat. "Should've locked the doors" she deadpanned. 
Jasper's jaw clenched, "We don't know how long we'll be gone for, you have no explanation for your mom" 
"I'll think of something!" 
Angrily Jasper sat back around, he could no longer argue with her and she wouldn't budge from the car now.  Bella and Edward spoke before eventually the car left the garage. After a few minutes of thinking Laura sat forward, "Alice can I borrow you're phone, I need a number"
Alice nodded and grabbed her phone from her bag handing it back to her friend. Getting the number she needed and putting it into her own phone, Laura then returned Alice's. Quickly she texted Carlise, after a few minutes she received a text back and thus called her mom though it went to voicemail, which Laura was actually thankful about as she could fib an excuse without interruption. "Mom, hey" All attention from the others in the car was now on her. "I've been trying to put on a brave face... but I've been feeling really down about dad lately" she breathed. "I didn't want to upset you by bringing it up... I'm going on a little roadtrip, like dad used to take me on. I want to clear my head and maybe doing something I used to do with him will help me feel better. Please don't worry about me, I just need to do this for myself, I love you and I'll see you soon" 
Hanging up the phone there was silence in the car until Jasper spoke up. "Your car is still parked in your driveaway" 
"I asked Carlisle to drive it back to your place" Laura told him, having already thought of that and thankfully Carlisle had no objections in doing it for her. Although she was lying about the roadtrip, she had been truthful about putting on a brave face and not wanting to upset her mom by talking about her father, something she knew would in fact upset her mom, to think her daughter couldn't talk to her about this stuff. But, Laura thought maybe it was good that she had admitted it now. 
Bella sat somberly, her hands resting on her lap as she stared absentmindedly, obviously stuck in her own thoughts about everything. Noticing this Laura reached her hand across and placed it on Bella's briefly. "They'll be okay" she attempted to assure her, Bella couldn't muster a smile but nodded in reply.