Exposure

As they strolled up the stairs Laura paused, a piece of art on the wall catching her eye. "Are all these graduation caps belonging to you guys?" she asked, looking to Jasper who stood a step down from her. 
"We keep them as an inside joke" he explained with a small smile. 
"Wow" Laura nodded, eyeing the caps again. "School must come really easy to you guys huh?" she questioned before continuing up the stairs. 
"Most of the time" he shrugged nonchalantly, walking with his hands clasped behind his back. 
"You guys ever thought of pretending to be homeschooled? I mean, it's not like you go to school to mix with people or anything" Laura pointed out with a small smirk. 
"We try to present ourselves as normal as possible, and most kids attend school" he explained as he began to lead the way down the hall once they'd reach the top of the stairs. 
"Well most kids don't date their foster siblings but..." she muttered playfully under her breath, knowing Jasper would hear her and he confirmed it by looking over his shoulder with a quirked brow and grin. 
Looking ahead of himself again Jasper opened the handle to the door infront of him and stepped inside with Laura following closely behind him. "My bedroom" he nodded as he stood to the side.
Laura's eyes scanned around the room, there were books, CDs, DVDs, movies, and various other normal things, along with a bed. Furrowing her brows she looked to the blonde, "I thought you said vampires don't sleep?"
"We don't. This... was a guest room, I used to share a room with Alice" he explained, honestly. Though in Jasper and Alice's old room there had also been a bed, it just wasn't there for the purposes of sleep. 
Laura gave a slow nod before she walked towards the window and looked outside. The view of the treeline was great, the family had great privacy here and there wasn't any other house around for quiet some distance. Suddenly Laura's eyes darted, "What was that?" she asked, narrowing her eyes to try find what she had just seen a blur of. 
Jasper was quickly by her side and Laura looked to him; at first his expression was that of confusion but turned to amusement. "Seems Edward's taken Bella for a trip..." he paused as he looked down to Laura. "Through the trees" he smirked.  
Laura let out a surprised and amused breath of air as she looked back out to the trees, though she couldn't see the pair. "Saves her from a car crash and now flys her through the trees" she chuckled before flicking her gaze to Jasper. "You're not gonna do that to me are you?" 
The blonde laughed and shook his head. "Not unless you ask me too" he answered before turning more serious. "But, I don't know if I'd trust myself being that close to you"
"We'll get there at some point" she smiled optimistically. 
Never ceasing to amaze him, Jasper smiled at the girl that brought him light since Alice had ended things, the girl he was hoping he could truly call his. After a moment of the two smiling at one another Jasper's ears picked up on something, "Food's ready"

As the pair began to make their return downstairs Laura knitted her brows. "Am I gonna be the only one eating?" she asked, feeling nervous. She knew it was stupid, but eating in front of people was something that made her anxious. She had felt that way initially when she sat down to join the Cullen's for lunch, but had managed to eat anyway. 
"I imagine so, we can appear to eat but our bodies can't properly digest the food so we have to later... bring it back up" he elaborated, trying to find a nicer way to explain it instead of just saying vomit. "I could help your mood like I did at lunch" he assured her.
Laura's mouth was momentarily agape, of course he had influenced her emotions at the lunch table, she should've realised at the time. She nodded wanting him to help with her anxiousness, it was something that could hold her back and if Jasper was willing to help she'd be stupid not to accept. Making their way to the table Laura gave a small smile seeing the food laid out. "This looks great" she told Esme, who smiled happily in return. 
"Hopefully it tastes okay, we aren't exactly the best judge" Esme breathed a light chuckle. 
"Don't worry, I've already seen Laura enjoy it" Alice hummed as she took a seat. 
"Your gift is really cool Alice" Laura nodded, tickled by Alice's assurance as she and Jasper took a seat. 
"Sooo, related to the Quileutes huh?" Emmett said approaching the table. 
"Emmett" Jasper blurted, to which Emmett gave a comfused, air-headed expression not realising it was something he wasn't supposed to bring up. 
"Uh kind of" Laura answered. "My mom was born into the tribe, my brother and I just visited as kids" she shrugged as she took hold of her cutlery. "I think I'm the only one in my family that knows the truth about them and you guys..."
"And do they know you and Jasper..." Emmett started, before trailing off as Jasper shot him a glare. He could feel Laura's slight discomfort but unfortunately he couldn't shut down his brother quick enough. Laura knew the wolves didn't like the vampires and vice versa, take her to be related to one half and romantically interested in the other. 
"No, I mean I don't think so" she replied. "Not really any of their business anyway" she added which lead Emmett to smirk. 
"I think that's enough questions about the Quileutes for now Emmett" Carlisle politely and smoothly suggested. 
After a while the family dispersed, Laura thanked everyone for the food and then it was just her, Jasper, and Alice sitting together until Rosalie told Jasper she needed to talk to him, alone, leaving just the two girls at the table.  
"I told Rosalie to take him away for a minute" Alice admitted as she moved a seat closer to Laura. 
"I'm not surprised" she chortled, having heard about Alice and her ways from Jasper. 
"I just wanted to say I 100% support you two"
Glancing down for a moment Laura played with her fingers. "I'm really sorry Alice"
"It's not your fault" the pixie-haired girl was haste to butt in. 
"But, it must be hard for you... getting visions"
Alice pursed her lips and nodded. "Sometimes,  but I can see how happy you're going to make him" she told the brunette with a smile.