Emotions

Laura parked in front of her house and saw her mom's car already there. She was grabbing her bag and the coat from the passenger seat when there was a knock on the window causing her to jump. "Jesus Christ" she blurted, turning to see Jacob and Jace outside her car door grinning in at her. "Assholes!" she exclaimed before opening the door and getting out, she couldn't help the smile that danced on her lips despite her racing heart from their little fright. "What're you guys doing here?"
"We wanted to see how your first day went" Jacob smiled.
"Really, you came all the way here to do that?" she asked with furrowed brows. "You know you could've just called"
"Don't have your number" Jace laughed.
"Right!" Laura nodded with a silly smile as she realised that. 
"My dad actually asked us to drop off some stuff for your mom" Jacob admitted, thumbing over his shoulder towards the house. 
"But while we're here, how was school?" Jace asked.
Having gotten slightly reacquainted with the boys at the little party yesterday, Laura was finding herself to be a lot more at ease in their company which was nice. "It was good, I met some nice people, some... weirder people" she chuckled crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned against her car.
"Yeah, lot of weird people over in that Forks school" Jace teased.
"Ha ha" she groaned playfully. "Oh!" she blurted, holding up the coat in her hands. "If it's not too much trouble could one of you guys give Jared his coat back?" she asked holding it out to them.
"Sure" Jacob answered as he took the coat from her. "Why do you have this?"
"Oh he let me borrow it last night when I was going home, it got kinda chilly towards the end of the party. But you wouldn't know that because you were tucked up in your warm bed with your blanket" she teased, changing her voice to sound as if she was speaking to a baby. 

Jared had actually given it to me since I was shaken after the fright I'd got from seeing Sam, but like they said I had to keep this a secret. Even though Jacob and Jace were tribe members and had heard the stories, they weren't to know the truth yet until it was time.

"Do you guys wanna come in for a bit?" she asked leaning off her car ready to head inside. 
"No thanks, we gotta be heading back to the res" Jace nodded with a smile.
"Okay, well I'll see you guys soon" Laura nodded hoping that she would. Since she had a car she could go visit La Push and see the guys whenever since she obviously wouldn't be seeing them around school. "Oh wait!" she said quickly taking her bag from her shoulder to grab a pen and copybook. Both boys halted their departure and turned to face Laura again. "I'll give you guys my number, make sure you give it to the others as well" she smiled quickly jotting it down on a scrap piece of paper she ripped from one of the pages, arm expending outwards after she'd written it for one of them to take. Jace's hand moved first to grab the piece of paper, showing much more enthusiasm in that than when she had offered out the coat.
Jacob laughed lightly at his friend's quick movements. "See you later Laura" 

After saying their goodbyes Laura made her way into the house where she told her mom how her day went and asked how work had gone for her mom. Laura had done her homework at the kitchen table, Nate had been doing his homework for a little while and Laura checked over it before he was done, all while her mom cooked dinner for them. Eventually, it was time for their first meal in the new house. 
"This looks great mom" Laura chimed before beginning to tuck into the plate. 
"It-it was your dad's favourite" her mother's voice croaked, causing Laura's eyes to soften. Her mother's eyes were beginning to water, but Susan sniffled and gave her head a little shake trying not to think about it right now. "Anyway you said you made some new friends?" she asked, trying to quickly change the topic to be something more dinner-friendly.

I wanted to try and comfort mom, but I also could see she didn't want to dwell on it, she had made this nice meal and wanted to eat it with us and be happy. 

"Yeah uh, Angela, Jessica, Mike, Eric, Eliza, and Tyler" Laura answered with a nod. "But the first person I talked to was Alice, she just kinda introduced herself. Then there's this guy I sit next to in History, Jasper"
"Oooh" her mom sang playfully.
"No mom" Laura laughed. "For starters, he and Alice broke up three weeks ago, and he didn't say hi or even acknowledge my existence for the whole class. He and his family just stared at me before and after school, it was weird" 
"Well maybe he's shy" her mom guessed with a shrug. "Did you try to say hi to him?"
Laura shifted in her chair, exhaling through her nose as she played with her food. "Not really" Yes she eventually had built up some courage to speak to him, but that had been destroyed by the bell and his quick flee. 
"Well then, that's your task for tomorrow" her mom grinned.
The rest of the dinner involved basic chit chat and asking Nate how he'd gotten on, his talk had actually filled up most of the dinner time to no surprise. Laura was actually quite the chatterbox to people she was friends with, and much like Nate when she was younger her mouth never seemed to stop running. 

After dinner everyone just chilled out and did they own thing, Nate went to his room to play video games, her mom sat in the living room watching tv with a face mask on, and Laura had decided to let herself fall into bed. She watched a bit of tv in bed before eventually deciding to turn it off and try to get an early night's sleep.

Alice had just seen a vision of Laura introducing herself to Jasper, obviously, the girl had made the decision to do so and although it wasn't set in stone Alice thought it was a good idea to let Jasper know. Once Jasper and Emmett had returned from hunting Alice met them at the front door, "Laura's going to talk to you tomorrow"
Jasper pursed his lips and gave a slow nod. "I think it's best then I don't attend" 
Alice shook her head, a little smile playing on her lips. "Then she'll just wait to introduce herself the next day, you can't avoid her forever Jasper" 
"Well then I'll switch classes" he nodded again as he began to head inside, Emmett following behind him after he gave a shrug to Alice. 
"You can't" she informed him as she walked in and closed the door behind them. "Every class is full since I switched. You'll just have to suck it up"
"Why do you seem so happy about this?" Emmett asked with an amused breath passing his lips, before he paused and slowly narrowed his eyes at her. "What have you seen?" he then asked suspiciously, a cheeky smirk forming.
"Nothing" Alice replied innocently, holding her hands behind her back. "Just that she was gonna say hi in History" And with that, the little girl swiftly made her exit leaving just Jasper and Emmett standing together.
"She's definitely seen something" Emmett nodded, folding his arms across his broad chest.
"What do you think I should do?" Jasper exhaled. 
"I think Alice was right, you can't totally avoid her. You sit in classrooms full of people all day and you're fine. You gotta thing for the doggish scent or something?" Emmett teased, nudging his brother with his elbow. 
"I told you, up close she smelt different" Jasper recalled, though tried to keep himself from imagining the enticing scent. "It wasn't just good, her blood alone is like a damn near temptress"
"Wow, I might just have to get up close and personal myself" Emmett continued to tease. 
"Are you seriously talking about that wolf again" Rosalie asked, appearing in the blink of an eye. 
"I was just kidding babe" Emmett laughed nervously, though he could see by Rosalie's expression she didn't appreciate the joke, so his laugh and smile quickly fell as he cleared his throat and spoke again, "Better to go and get it over and done with" Emmett met Rosalie's intimidating stare again as he walked over to her with a grin and took hold of her hand, causing her to smile.
Jasper knew Emmett was right, and he needed to not be so scared that he was going to lash out. He made his way to the living room to Carlisle and asked his father figure if he had any tips, the question had come as a surprise to Carlisle and so Jasper explained the situation at school. Unfortunately, there weren't many quick fixes to the bloodlust, and Jasper knew Carlisle's amazing ability to resist had come from years of practice and was, in fact, the kind of gift he possessed. Carlisle suggested that maybe trying to focus on the moods, either hers specifically or the class in its entirety could help to distract him, he also said that talking might actually help to better to occupy his mind, instead of sitting in silence and thinking of nothing else but fighting his urges.