1.3: Recitals

-; Jisoo tries to do her best to prove her worth to her condescending counterparts. Jiwon, Eunwoo, and Taeyong settle loose ends. Taehyung is just constantly freaking out.

Small fingers dance gracefully on black and white tiles, brown eyes skim quickly through grey notes, and electricity thrums in his chest as he reads the last of the pages, close to finishing the sonata

G, B, A.

And his hands retract to his lap.

When he finishes, he turns to the woman beside him. His plush lips are parted into a toothy grin, anticipation painted in his expression.

"Good job, Dongmin."

His mother was his favourite parent.

After practice, he swings his legs along the velvet seats of his favourite ice cream shop, his mother leaning over the table to wipe off excess chocolate from the corners of his mouth in momentous spurs.

"You're such a messy eater," his mother scolds, her pale face scrunched in a frown, "When was the last time you ate?"

Dongmin giggles through a cup of ice cream, "Daddy doesn't let me eat ice cream."

"Why is that?"

"He says he wants me to look my best when I pose for teeth commercials."

His mother grimaces, "Do you like doing those commercials?"

"I like hanging out with you more, mommy." Dongmin cheers, showing off his chocolate studded teeth, "Daddy always wants me to look nice in front of his adult friends."

The scowl on her face intensifies, beckoning him to continue, "He even made me change my name to Cha Eun-woo."

Although Dongmin was young, he could still tell apart the hint of anger and disbelief from his mother's eyes, which only made him scared. Was she mad at him? Did he really mess up his ice cream etiquette that bad? How could he be so messy?

His mood shifts in a split second.

Like his father always forced him to do, he aprubtly apologises, bowing his head low. "I'm sorry, mommy. I'm so sorry."

"No, Dongmin, you didn't do anything wrong." his mother is comforting him, sure, but it does nothing but make him blame himself even more, "You know what, tell your daddy you'll stay the week at my place."

Dongmin shakes his head, the corner of his lips stuck downwards, "I want to, but I have to meet with Daddy's investor's daughter. He'll get mad at us, mommy."

"Well she can play with your sister."

He shakes his head again, "Daddy said she only likes boys."

"Daddy won't get mad at us. He spends more time with you!"

Well, that was true. For some reason, his parents lived in different houses, and he only saw his mother in the weekends.