viii

[so lock the door and throw out the key,
can't fight this no more it's just you and me.
and there's nothing i, nothing i, i can do
i'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you]

EXPOSED.

shit

shit. i can't believe i actually exposed myself. bill and i. i'm really that dumb. i fiddled with my skateboard, avoiding contact with the others.

richie kept grinning cheekily. "come on, if you don't tell us, we'll keep bugging you two." he threatened. i rolled my eyes.

"that's all you got? ignoring people is something i'm good at." i scoffed.

richie huffed. "fine, then i'll.." he took a moment to think. "we'll stick you two in a closet for 7 minutes to make out so that even if you didn't before, you would then." he winked.

i grinned and looked at bill, still talking to richie and eddie. "okay. so lock the door, and throw out the key." i told, crossing my arms and raising a brow, giving bill a sassy looks as i lick my top teeth.

bill bit his lip and looked at richie. "because guys, we cuh - can't fight this no more." he turned to me. "it's just you and me." he shrugged.

"whatever, just tell us if you kissed or not." richie demanded impatiently. i rolled my eyes and groaned.

"well what do you think, four eyes, i just said that bill and i made out for attention?" i spat, picking up my board. "if i wanted attention that bad, i would have pulled his body on to mine in front of eddie's mum." i added as i began to walk.

"woah there," richie started, letting me turn around with an agitated expression. "you never said you made out, you said you kissed." he finished.

bill gave me a glare, but still smirking. "way to go, hunt." he stated, sarcastically without a stutter. i flipped him off.

"right then, yeah, we made out." i admitted with a loud sigh. bill cleared his throat.

"outside of the school. r - right before we met up with y - you guys." he explained confidently, for the most part. i looked at him and we smiled at each other before i returned my glance to richie.

"are you guys happy? can we go now?" i snarled, raising a single eyebrow. richie and eddie stood wide eyed.

"uh, yeah. let's go." richie replied as the three boys got in their bikes, and i dropped my skateboard and began riding.

we passed the library, and i was ahead of the three boys by quite a bit. they yelled out for me, taunting me. "oh no! the old lady board's too fast for us!" richie shouted with a beaming smile that continued to spread across all of our faces.

i roll my eyes and continue to the sewers. when we got there, we saw stanley, so dropped his bag and stepped towards me.

"i don't believe we've officially met," he started with a charming smile. "i'm stanley. stanley uris." he licked his lips, winking as he stuck out his hand.

"at least you know how to properly introduce yourself, you should teach me some time." i joke, reaching out my hand, expecting a shake. instead, stan chuckles and kisses the top of my hand.

the regular girl would blush and giggle behind her palm, but i just raised one eyebrow and wiped my hand on my shirt. "richie told you to do that, didn't he?" i assumed.

stanley blushed and nodded. "it wasn't charming, was it?" he asked my opinion, disappointed in himself.

i sighed. "it was. just not to me." i explained, patting him on the back. he smiled and mouthed a 'thank you' as i looked over to bill, who instantly looked away and blushed.

i gave a corner smile and followed him and richie into the large sewer pipe. i scrunched my face and the stench of the water my shoes and jeans are being soaked in.

goodbye $80 vans.

"oh, hell, it's putrid in here." i complained taking a black fabric mask out of my backpack and putting it on. it's not much, but it's something. and it smells like the perfume i spilled in my bag.

 and it smells like the perfume i spilled in my bag

word count : 679 words