xi

burn - ELLIE GOULDING [ slowed ]

GREAT BIG BANANA SHIT.

"is this the diner you mentioned before?" i asked bill as we walked up to a retro looking restaurant

"is this the diner you mentioned before?" i asked bill as we walked up to a retro looking restaurant. "yeah," he chuckled. "i used to come here a l - lot with the losers." he told me.

i smiled at the thought of them all eating food, crowded in one booth all together, splitting dollar bills to try and pay for everything. it's quite cute actually, seeing bill grin while looking back on good memories.

maybe the losers and bill can make more. with me. i'd like that.

snapping me out if my thoughts, bill opens the door for me. "ladies fuh - first." he joked around. i struggled to keep a giggle from escaping my lips. "how do you know I don't have a massive cock?" i teased with a straight face.

i'm really good at expressing no emotion. i've done it almost my whole life, living with my step douche jeffrey. sometimes when he asks my mom how he looks, i feel the urge to straight up tell him he's fugly and laugh out loud.

but unfortunately, he's the most cruel and manipulative man I've ever met. so i have to hold my feelings deep down in my core.

anyways, back to the date. bill and i sat at a booth near the windows across from each other. i scanned through the menu when the waitress came up and greeted us.

she was also from england. Dark hair, caked face, and a red shade on her thin lips. "good afternoon!"

"is this true?" I asked, pointing to the writing on the front of the laminated menu. the waitress began to read aloud. "top ten greatest dining experiences in america- yeah!" she replied, making me smile. "i can tell you it is." She assured.

"what'll it be?" she asked us with a warm smile, taking her notepad and pen out.

bill gestured for me to order. "i will have.. a banana split,"

"mhm," the waitress mumbled while jotting my order down. "some blueberry pancakes,"

"mhm,"

"a hot chocolate with whipped cream-"

the waitress laughed mockingly, but harmlessly. "you're hungry." she stated the obvious. i thought it was rude for a waitress to say, but then again, what was about to come out if my mouth was worse. but at least it was humorous and entertaining.

i gave a fake laugh. "And an extra fucking spoon." i cuss. the woman frowns, bringing down her notepad. "excuse me?" she retorted.

i pointed to bill. "for him?" i added. the waitress blinked. "sorry, you can't use language like that in here, otherwise I'm going to have to ask you and your boyfriend to leave." She warned me.

I pouted. "Okay.. okay I'm sorry." I apologized. The waitress nodded and let me rephrase myself. Stupid bitch.

I let out a sigh. "I will have.. a great big banana shit, with extra fucking cherries all on top of it-"

"Okay, right that's it- MARVIN!" she called to the back of the kitchen. I threw down the menu and interlock my own fingers together. "Oh yeah, go get Marvin, see if Marvin can make a banana split for me, you fucking cunt." I raised my voice, grabbing my cardigan and exiting the building.

"Bye Marvin!" I shouted out. Bill walked out a moment after. "That was b - ballsy." He told me. I chuckled. "Hell yeah it was." I giggled.

Bill held my hand, which in all honesty made me blush. Not as hard as he did though, that's for sure. His hands were complete clam shells, but that was quite alright with me.

We were walking in a quiet neighborhood with quite a few trees. I sighed. "This town is so fucking square." I snickered. Bill furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah, m - maybe." He chuckled.

"Everyone's so fucking boring." I added. Bill shrugged. "Well, they've got money, so I g - gue - guess they feel safe." He defended them sort of. I stopped walking, and he did as well.

"Are you boring too?" I asked, raising a brow. Bill shook his head. "Nah," he replied. My mouth turned up into a small smile. Then the elderly woman that I always see walking around the block shows up visible in my sight, minding her own business as usual.

She was wearing colourful, spunky clothing. I pointed over to her direction. "She's the only cool person in this town." I claimed. Bill glared at her. "Her?" He asked, furrowing his brows.

"Yeah. She's done stuff," I paused. "She's probably a spy and had like fifteen abortions when it was illegal or something. She's lived." I elaborated.

"Really?" Bill asked. I shrugged. "Whatever," I walked in front of him. "Can we go to your house?" I suggested. Bill blushed and scratched the back of his neck. "Uh- yeah! Sure." He agreed.

"Cool." I snickered.