x.

[I'm looking through you
While you're looking through your phone
And then leaving with somebody else]

JEALOUS?

(This one might be a bit long hehe)

"Eddie, just shut up and focus on getting this boy some help!" I spat, allowing the paranoid boy to stop rambling about aids

"Eddie, just shut up and focus on getting this boy some help!" I spat, allowing the paranoid boy to stop rambling about aids. I stopped my skateboard, stepping off and leaning it against the wall of the alleyway.

The guys sat the injured boy down beside my board, having him hold his stomach. "Richie, s - stay here." Bill ordered, dropping his bike as Eddie, Stanley and I followed Bill into Keene's.

"Right then, so what do we need?" I question before Eddie quickly scans the shelves, sweeping various first aid items into his arms.

"Woah, Woah. How much do you guys have to spend?" I ask the guys. Bill and Stan each pull out a crumpled dollar bill. "It's all we got." Stanley told. I raise an eyebrow and chuckle.

"Two bucks. For all this shit? Good luck." I scoffed. Then a red headed girl came into the isle, immediately hiding a box behind her back.

"You 'right, love?" I asked her, knitting my eyebrows. Her expression remained blank. "I'm fine. What's wrong with you?" She retorted, referring to the cotton balls, disinfectant spray and what not in Eddie's arms.

"None of your business.." Stanley spat nervously. I rolled my eyes at him. "There's a kid outside who looks like someone killed him." Eddie spoke.

Then bill proceeded to explain. "We need some.. s - supplies but.."

"But these dorks don't have enough money." I cut him off. The girl laughed.

"Why don't you guys just tax it?" She suggested. I gave a small flash of a smirk and turned to the guys. "I like where she's going with this."

Eddie huffed. "Max, stealing is wrong." He whispered. I sighed. "Yeah, but we're gonna be doing the right thing by helping this poor kid." I reasoned as we made a plan.

"Okay, Beverly is our distraction. She'll flirt with Keene while you guys wait for her signal. In the meantime, I'll be going around looking for things that I wanna take just for the fun of it." I giggle, beginning to walk around as I stuff a bunch of candies and shit down my pants and wherever they can fit.

As I hear someone bump into something, I figure it's time to go. I rejoin with the losers as we stumble out the door. We quickly break for the alley.

I laugh at them for stumbling into a shelf and tease them about it before Eddie and Stanley run to Richie and the kid. We hear the bell above the door ring and our reflexes tell us to turn around.

There's Beverly, walking towards us with a smile. I suck on a cherry lollipop that I stole. Bill smiles and quickly pulls out the two dollar bills from his Jean pocket.

"Tha - thanks." He squeaked nervously. She smiled and held up a package of cigarettes. "Even Steven." She winked. I think she's too flirtatious.

Then she hears the bickering of the boys and looks their direction. She squints her eyes as she seems to recognize someone. "Ben from soc?" She mumbles, heading towards them.

Bill and I give each other a glance as we follow into the alley. I start stuffing my shoplifted items into my backpack and overhear a conversation.

"Are you okay? That looks like it hurts." Beverly says with a concerned voice. The boy who we now know as 'Ben' shakes his head, smiling.

"I'm fine, I just.. fell." He spoke nervously. Richie scoffed.

"Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." He snickered.

Bill widened his eyes. "Shut it, R - R - Richie!" He demanded.

"What? It's the truth!" Richie defended himself. Beverly shook it off and continued to talk to the boy.

"You sure they got the.. Right Stuff.. to fix you up?" She referenced NKOTB with a wink. The boy just smiled nervously.

"You know, we'll take care of him." Bill stepped in. "Thanks again, Beverly." He said with a small smile.

"Sure! Maybe I'll see you around?" She questioned, earning a chuckle from Bill. "Yeah, well, we were thinking of going to the qu - quarry tomorrow if you wanna.. come." He invited her.

"Sounds good." Was all she said before giving a short wave and walking away.

The quarry? Nobody said shit about a quarry. Da fuq? I thought, giving Bill a 'wtf' look. He returned the look, turning his head back to Beverly, smiling.

We all decided to go home. Even thought the curfew in Derry was 7PM, the day grew boring as the clock struck 4. Bill and I walked together seen as we lived close.

"So," I sighed, breaking the dreadful silence. "Were you planning on inviting me to this quarry? Or were you too busy checking out Fancy Nancy over there?" I slightly teased, but still let him know that I wasn't the happiest

"You cuh - could've just asked to come." He defended his side. I scrunched my face up. "Girls don't wanna ask, they wanna be invited." I stated.

He stopped in his tracks, making me halt and turn around, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "You wanna be invited?"

"Yeah,"

"You w - wanna be invited, huh?" Bill repeated.

"YES! ARE YOU DEAF?" I shouted, growing annoyed.

Bill stepped closer. "What if I invited you on a date? With me." He offered without a stutter. I shook my head smiling.

"Go with Beverly." I joked, adding a giggle at the end of my phrase. He chuckled. "Someone jealous?" He teased.

I made a thinking face. "Mm, not me," I claimed, lowering my voice to a whisper. "But I can make Beverly jealous of me." I challenged.

Bill laughed. "You think so?"

"Duh," I knitted my eyebrows together. "It's like stealing candy from a baby, which I do all the time anyways." I snickered with a giggle.

"Now, how about that date?" I winked.