Goodbye Kiss-2

He put his book down and came to look at my canvas. He looked at it for a few minutes, then gave a blow on my head, "Ahh...what was that for", I said rubbing my head to reduce the pain. "You think the gallery would accept something so crappy", he said angrily. "This is crappy?", I yelled in irritation. "Yes, stop talking and try to make it better", he said and went back to his chair.

I got back to fix my painting. While painting, sometimes, I would lift my face a little to look at Amit. He looked so nice while reading so seriously, he sat with his legs crisscrossed. I would look at him without blinking for minutes, and sometimes I got caught while staring. 

This became a regular routine for the last two weeks for me. I would spend hours in Amit's study. I made so many paintings but still couldn't find the one. Sometimes, Amit would fall asleep while reading and I would click pictures without waking him, it was so much fun, and also, I think I started to like him. 

My aunt kept complaining that I should spend some time with her also, but I couldn't tell her that I liked Amit. After staying up for a few days, I finally completed my painting for the submission. I wrapped it up so no one could see it before Amit. Without wasting another minute, I went to wash up and got ready. I let my hair down which meant that I completed my painting, I wore a red crop top and black skirt. 

I took my canvas, unlocked the door, and stepped out of the room when I heard voices coming from the dining, "Are you sure Amit?", I heard my aunt asking him in a serious tone. "Yes Shamita, I think it's the right thing to do", Amit said in a low voice. I walked more closer to the room to eavesdrop on them.

"Have you spoke to Raj yet?". "No, not yet, you're the first one I told". I couldn't understand what they were talking about. "So when are you leaving?". My eyes opened in shock, "Ieaving", what does she mean by leaving?. "Yeah, I got my passport and visa yesterday. I'm leaving in 2 days", he said. "But where are you going?", aunt asked. "Europe". I dropped my canvas in shock.

My eyes started to blur with tears, "What's that sound?", Amit asked. I ran towards my room without picking up the canvas and shut the door. I heard footsteps coming towards my room. I tried so hard to not scream while crying, I quenched my fist trying to control my emotions.

"Riya...Riya", my aunt said knocking on my door. I cleared my throat and said with all my strength, "Yes aunty?". "What's wrong, are you okay?", she asked. "I'm fine, I'm fine", I said tears still rolling down my eyes. She asked me to unlock my door, but I said I was changing clothes. I heard them leaving and jumped on my bed. 

I dug my face into the pillow and cried hard so that nobody heard my crying. I couldn't believe what was happening, this morning I thought I was going to confess my feelings to him. He's leaving, he's leaving...he'll be leaving forever...forever...

2 days later,

I spent the last two days, eating, sleeping, crying, and doing everything in my room. I didn't see Amit since that morning. I moved the curtain to look out of the window. I saw Amit bringing his bags outside and saw my aunt and uncle standing near his gate. They were waiting for his cab, I looked at him when tears rolled down my eyes again. He suddenly looked at me, I wanted to hide from him, but then, he pulled out my canvas. 

I saw the canvas was covered differently, which meant, "You saw my painting". He looked at me and walked inside his house. I wiped my face and rushed out of the room. I left from the back door. I ran barefoot towards him. I reached his backyard and stood there breathlessly. I saw him standing in front of me and rushed into his arms.

I held his jacket tightly, dug my face in his chest, and cried as much as I could. I felt his fingers caressing my hair. He wrapped on his arms around me and rested his head on mine. "Why, why are you still leaving...[sobbing]...I know you saw my painting...[sobbing]...but still", I said. 

"Riya, I'm not leaving because of you, I'm leaving because...I want a fresh start", he said. I looked at him with tearful eyes. He wiped my tears with his fingers. He looked at me and kissed me on my forehead. "Thank you for the painting, I love it", he said. 

"I love you...please don't go", I said. "Riya, I know, but right now, I want you to focus on your career, we'll meet again, I promise", he said and kissed me. I felt a tear on my lips when our eyes met, I saw tears in his eyes. 

"Goodbye, Riya", he said and walked away