Chapter 01: Of Weary Mornings

Third Person's POV

Maxine closed her eyes as she yawns in the middle of the night-midnight rather. Maxine only had less than an hour to sleep for the past few days. She needs to pass her manuscript or else she'll miss her only chance to fix her life.

But Maxine is no superhuman or a vampire. Just like any human, hypnos is calling her too. In other words, inaantok na siya.

Maxine's lifeless eyes stared at the screen of her laptop. A almost 300k worth of words manuscript in front of her. But is it enough? Is her talent enough? Are the words the she bled for enough?

The answer is no.

Fuck that stupid deal.

Kailangan pa niyang makalikha ng almost 100k worth of words para mareach niya ang target amount of words. Well, siya naman kasi tong bobo na hindi agad ginawa ang manuscript niya kahit last month pa sinabi sa kaniya ng publishing house ang project na ibinigay sa kaniya.

Another yawn escaped Maxine's mouth. She tried to surpress it but damn, antok na antok na siya.

She combed her hair upwards atsaka iniayos ang kaniyang salamin na medyo nahuhulog na. She stared at her shaking hands(probably because of too much caffeine) as it touches the keyboard of her laptop.

She blinked once. Twice. Thrice.

But to her dismay, hindi gumalaw ang mga daliri niya. Wala na ang magic na nararanasan niya dati noong nag-uumpisa palang siya. Hindi niya na nararanasan ang biglaang pagbuhos ng mga salita sa isip niya. The nonstop screaming voices of the characters inside her head. The feelings, emotions, and the happiness.

Now it just felt like a responsibility, a way to survive this cruel world of ours.

Another yawn. This time, medyo napainat narin siya kaya naman natamaan niya ang malamig na tasa ng kape sa gilid niya. Natapon ito sa sahig at agad na nabasag.

Maxine didn't flinch. Antok na antok na siya para problemahin ang nabasag niyang baso. Pagod na ang mga daliri niya pati narin ang isip niya.

Everything is tiring.

Gusto niya na sanang tumigil dahil tatlong araw na siyang nagsusulat but the deadline is tomorrow. Wala na siyang oras. So instead of going to her bed, crashing herself on that and finally answering the call of hypnos, she decided to stay in fronr of her laptop.

She stayed there, sitting on her study table, motionless. Lifeless.

She stood their like a fucking statue, staring at her laptop. Until she felt the warmness of the sun. Her room slowly getting filled by light. She let out a sigh.

Another sleepless night wasted. Another day of not being productive enough. How she wish that it's enough.

She stood up and went to her balcony. She watched as the sky turned into an orange sky, to a blue sky. She let out a deep breath. The deepest that she can.

She stood there, thinking that someday, she would be enough.