Why Didn't You Kill Me?

-Alexis POV-

I was woken up by my alarm going off in my ear at 6 in the morning. Great, Monday, the best day of the week. Not. I slowly sat up as I stretched and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I hopped in and washed up quickly.

Once I was done I threw on a grey skull sweater, blue skinny jeans, my black converse, then finally straightened by blonde hair that had red on the ends. I walked out of my room and into the hallway to see my parents yelling at eachother in the kitchen, again.

"It's not my fucking fault that Alexis has those disorders!" My mother screamed with her arms crossed against her chest. "You are the one who was smoking and drinking while pregnant!" My father snapped back.

My dad was the one usually defending me but he still was a complete asshole to me throughout my life and has abused me more times than I can count, as well as my mom. I hate both my parents with a burning passion.

I ignored them as I usually try to do and left to my room. I didn't feel like getting yelled at or slapped.

I walked into my room and remembered I had to take my medication. It helps me with my tourettes, keeps away all those voices in my head, my slight bipolar issue, basically it keeps be sane. I usually do not talk to many people because I was always down in the dumps if you get where I am going to.

I sighed then popped one into my mouth and threw the bottle into my bag that sat on my floor. I picked it up and took the back door outside to avoid.. You know..

I started walking down the sidewalk as I put in my earbuds and turned on the song "Don't You Dare Forget the Sun" by Get Scared. It was my favorite song. Music has always been my escape out of my shitty life I have been living ever since I was about 14 years old.

As I was walking I heard rustling in the bushes beside me but didn't think much of it, it was probably a squirrel or something. I kept walking and singing along to the song but suddenly got a slight chill up my spine as a gust of wind hit me from my right. I glanced around as I took out one earbud. Nothing.

Something wasn't right. What was going on? I stopped and looked around. I was about half way to school by now and was like 30 minutes late but I didn't really care. I then felt someone breathing against my neck.

I whipped to the side to see a boy. He looked around my age, brown, messy hair, about a half a foot taller than me (considering I am short he is probably normal height), wearing orange goggles, a grey and black mouth guard, a olive green stripped jacket with a blue hood, black jeans, and black converse. Everything he had on was splattered with fresh blood. Did he just murder someone? Am I his next victim? Many thoughts went through my mind then.

He wielded two hatchets, one new and shiny with a orange handle, and one old and rusty with a wooden handle, as one was raised above his head but bought it down immidiately. What was he thinking? What was his plan? Was he trying to kill me? Well obviously Alexis, he just had a shiny hatchet raised above his head towards you.

I stood still as he held his face close to mine, breathing slightly heavily. My eyes stood wide. "Who are you?" I said trying to sound non-afraid but did not because of the tone in my voice. He didn't move or speak, he just stood there, staring into what seemed to be my soul. He would twitch every once in a while as his neck would make a gut-twisting crack.

This seemed like forever. I tried to speak but failed to do so, my jaw just stood wide open the entire time. Next thing I know he ran off the opposite direction. What just happened? All I could think of is this one question.

Why did he not kill me just then?