12.

I laid down on the roof as I admired the blue sky and warm sunlight on my face. My black raven wings spread out, resting it on the warm tiles of the cottage as my feathers fluttered.

My eyes were closed as I rested my head on my left hand against my black mullet which was getting longer as the seasons changed.

"Enjoying the sun?"

I peeked my left eye open as a pair of white wings came into view, blocking the sunlight from hitting my caramel skin which was enjoying the warm feeling a few minutes ago.

"I don't usually get sunlight, Kook. I might as well get some. Now, move your big ass wings away from my face", I snapped as he stretched out his right wing out in front of me just to annoy me.

This brat is short lived.

"I swear on your bunny genes I will-"

He let out a chuckle as he folded his wing gently against his back. Those magnificent white wings disappeared into a swirl of snowflakes as it melted away in the warm spring heat.

"What are you doing here? I thought the Guardian of the Night gets hot easily, especially in this time of the season", he said, a smirk on his face.

"First off, I said I'm hot and I got the girls wrapped around my finger easily. Second, I can't breath with Jimin's roses popping out at every corner. My allergies for pollen is such a bitch", I said, extremely annoyed by red roses all over the place.

Kook let out a chuckle as I noticed he dyed the tip of his hair a dark shade of blue, almost blending in with his original black colour.

"Go take a walk by the village. I'm sure you'll get away from the flowers and you can wrap every single maiden around your fingers while you're at it", Kook said before he hopped off the roof. To be honest, he was right.

Maybe I should. For once, he's a smartass.

I sat up and spread out my wings, soaring through the blue sky as I flew through the luscious green valley nearby. A few birds taking flight next to me as I stood out with my enormous black wings.

At the edge of my ears, I heard a bark. A dog's bark. Actually, more of a puppy.

I tilted my head as I saw a man cornering a small black-and-gold fur puppy as it let out brave barks.

I landed in a corn plantation as I peeked through to watch the scene that unfolded before me.

"Where are ya gonna run now, furry thief? You stole my chicken yesterday and let me starve! I'm gonna get rid of ya", the man said as he held up an axe in his hands.

I narrowed my eyes as I flicked my wrist, a swirl of gold released from between my long, slender fingers.

"Into a human", I mumbled. In amazement, the bold puppy slowly morphed into a medium-sized man with black and gold hair, his eyes the colour of dark charcoal.

The man was terrified, he immediately dropped the axe and ran off for his life. Stumbling upon his feet as he crawled away in fear.

"Monster!!"

A scoff left my lips as I was extremely amused by this. How pathetic can mortals be?

The young lad was confused as he looked at his new set of veiny hands, fisting them as he tilted his head; exactly like a puppy.

I stepped out of the corn plantation, making him look at me with his wide charcoal eyes. He was naked, yes. Whatcha expect? He was a goddamn puppy.

"What have you done to my beautiful self?", he asked in disbelief as he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Would you rather I'd let him beat you to death?", I snapped, a cold look on my face. How ungrateful.

He glanced at his fingers again before looking at me.

"I'm not certain", he said, shrugging.

"Stop complaining", my eyes turning gold. This puppy was gonna end up whimpering at my feet sooner. "I've saved your life", I said coldly.

With guilt in his eyes, he looked down at his feet. Probably sorry for his ungratefulness.

"Forgive me", he said as I softened my cold eyes as he licked his lips.

"What do I call you?", I asked, making him look up at me with his round puppy eyes. I guess he wasn't so bad.

"Yeontan", he said with a small smile on his youthful face.

"And in return for saving my life, I am your servant", he said before bowing his head a little. "Whatever you need", he finished.

I silenced as I slightly curved up the left side of my lip. I was starting to like this boy, he's seems loyal.

"A companion", I said out of the blue.

"What?", he scrunched up his eyebrows as he glanced at me as if I had a dozen heads.

"I need you to be my companion", I said and he smiled again, making him look younger than he looked.

"Gladly", he said cheerfully as I smiled at him.

"Get yourself some clothes. We have to head back", I said as I started walking away. He was in utter confusion.

"Back where?", he asked and I smirked.

"Back home", I answered as he stole nearby clothes from a useless scarecrow. Well, the scarecrow wouldn't mind being naked for the rest of his life.

I flicked my fingers, changing the young lad in a raven as I spread out my wings. Ready to soar off into the sky again.

We flew back to the cottage as my nose started itching again once my feet hit the ground.
Damn roses.

Yeontan landed on the grass next to me, only to morph back into a puppy like he once was. His brown and hold fur fluffy as ever.

"I sometimes live here with my brothers. Sometimes I'll escape at my own fortress. Now, I don't want them to know about you so keep it down", I said and Yeontan nodded his little head, sticking his tongue out from his mouth.

I picked him up and pet his soft fur, making him rubbed against it in admiration. Not that I was complaining. I like it.

I casually walked in, my hyungs completely flabbergasted at the sight of me holding a small little puppy in my arms as I went into my room upstairs.