17.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?!"

Yeontan yelled at me as we stood upon a high and mighty wall of thorns. It was gloomy and dark but it doesn't bother me, I can see in the dark. They don't call me the Guardian of the Night for nothing.

"What? You said you wanted to discover some magical place so here we are!", I said, trying not to snap at this ungrateful brat.

"Not that, you baboon!! Y/N!!", he said in displease as I towered over the dwarf pup.

"What about her?", I cocked an eyebrow, trying to hide the fact that it did bother me.

Yeontan rolled his eyes and huffed out angrily.

"Look, I know I just met you for roughly 12 days but...leaving a family you had for the last 14 years out of nowhere is literally cruel and selfish", he said as he folded his arms against his chest.

I ignored him as I waved my hand in the air, making the thorns creak and move out of the way to create a path for me to walk. My feet moved forward as I dragged my wings behind me.

"Are you even listening?!", Yeontan shouted as his voice echoed through the silent forest, also known as, the Moors.

"Kim fucking Taehyung, you better be listening to me!! You can't just leave them like that! You can't leave Y/N like that-"

"I'm not leaving them, Tannie"

My sentence was enough to shut him up as I halted midway. With a swift turn, I faced him as my face was cold and expressionless.

"I'm just hiding, not leaving", I said as he had a confused look on his face.

"W-Why should you be hiding? You have nothing to hide from them. You're literally a part of the family", he said, unsure of what I was pressing about.

"Do you read stories, Tannie?", I asked, making him more confused as ever.

"If you're talking about Cinderella and shit, then yes, I do", he said, folding his arms on his chest as his lips pressed each other into a thin line.

"Tell me, what character are there in stories", I continued.

"Umm...the princess, the hero and...the villain?", he answered as he shrugged in confusion.

"Exactly, Tannie", I said as he was in utter confusion. His right hand scratching his head as he tried to grab my point.

"What does that have to do with them?", he asked as he waved out his arm into midair.

"In this story, Tannie, there's a princess. Which is Y/N", I said as I circled him in silent steps. He silently processed everything I say as I moved my mouth.

"A hero, which might be my brothers..."

"And a villain, which is me. The evil Guardian who cursed her", I said as I finished circling him, my steps halted as I looked at him from the back.

"Have you ever heard of a villain living in peace with the hero or the princess?", I said as he glanced at me, finally getting my point.

"Tae-"

"No, there's no villain like that. The villain lives in hatred and despair until one day, her knight in shining armour will end me and live happily ever after", I cut him off.

"The End"

My voice echoed through the dark woods as I finished storytelling. Tannie stayed silent as he looked down to the ground in defeat.

He knew, what I said is true and nothing can change it. Not even magic or a miracle could do anything about it.

I walked forward, silently hoping that he would just tag along and not say a word.

But he's not giving up.

"Maybe you can change that", his voice came out as a soft whisper, making me halt my steps almost immediately.

"Tannie-"

"You might believe every story is like that, Tae. You believe no villain will have their own happy ever after. You believe that you don't deserve a single drop of happiness in this little fairytale but let me tell you the difference between you and the villains in other stories...", his sentence trailed as he walked up to me, looking at me straight in the eye.

"You have love, they don't"

His words echo through my head as I recalled a memory of laughing with my family in the living room as Jimin hyung fell face-first onto the floor.

"You love them like a family, those villains have no love for anyone but themselves. They're selfish and cruel...but that's not you. You would do anything to protect them, even little Y/N...", he continued.

"I know you won't admit that you care for that adorable little flower but I can see how you look after her...even in your shadow. You care for her as much as you care for your brothers. Even if you tell me you don't like her multiple times", he finally finished as I pursed my lips.

It was true. I can't deny it...because it's true.

"You're right", I said, making him perk up as he brighten up a little. "I do care for her...", I admitted as I turned away.

"Then go back, you're no villain in this story. You're just a victim of your own hatred and revenge. You can still fix this...", he said but something snapped in my head.

My ego.

"No. I can't go back. I won't", I snapped as my eyes turned a menacing shade of gold.

"Tannie, you may think that way...but will she see me the same way? Will she forgive me for it?", I said as I stepped forward, making him back up in slight fear.

"You have t-to try-"

"No!!"

I shouted in rage as he flew back and hit himself by a large tree, knocking off a bunch of leaves and weird looking fruits.

The little pup groaned in pain as he kneeled on the ground in pain.

"She won't be able to forgive me. She'll end up sleeping like death for her whole life! If I was in her shoes, I wouldn't ever forgive myself. I ruined her life! I took a family, a life and a crown away from her with this cruel curse. She would have been living in the castle with her real family happily and peacefully if it weren't for me, Tannie", I said as tears ran down my face, frustration and regret running in my veins.

I finally broke down, able to cry out what I've been hiding from the world, from my brothers. My large hands raked through my black hair as I pulled it in rage. Guilt and anger swallowing me whole as I cried on my knees, my wings drooping from my back.

I soon felt a hand on my shoulder as a smaller hand pat me in comfort. I knew it was Yeontan.

"Then, the least you could do, is protect her in the shadows as she grows. Keep her away from the curse. I mean, where would you find a spinning wheel in middle of nowhere?", he said as he suggested.

He's got a point.

It was the least I could do to burn my regret and guilt away.

"You're right. I probably should"