Chapter 8

Y/N's POV

Another months had passed and I keep on doing many missions, also Kyojuro and I become closer. When we have free time or even day off, we stayed at his place to talk and train. Senjuro and I also becomes close, but the thing that I hate the most is when I saw their father who always drink sake and ignore the two.

Now, I have a solo mission, I always partnered up with Kyojuro but  today it was  a little bit different. For the passed few week, Oyakata-sama didn't let us go in a mission together. I'm a bit sad that this mission will he lonely without him but I can't just disagree to Oyakata-sama. My mission for today is to carefully watch a village with an Oiran, an oiran is a woman who is highly respected by their people.

Kai explained it to me that the village of the Oiran started to get odd behaviours. Some of the servants in the mansion disappeared or even died in their own room. Another thing that caught my attention the most is that lots of demon slayer who was sent didn't return. I was also confused on why Oyakata-sama send me instead of a pillar?

" Kai, do you have any information in the village?" I asked making my Kasugaigarasu landed in my shoulders like he always do.

" I'm sorry Y/N-sama, I can't give you any information." He said, I just smiled and thanked him. I sighed, knowing that my mission today is not easy like ang other mission I had. I already know that I'll use all my strenght fighting a demon. Lot's of demon slayers like me didn't return so it means the demon was strong to kill them all.

I just pushed my thoughts away and decided to walk faster. And with that I arrived to the village in hours, but before I enter the village. I hide myself to the forest near the  village to change my clothes. Kai said that I need to disguise myself like a normal girl who will work in the mansion. I remove my ( fav.color) haori and remove my uniform before changing into a normal kimono. I then used my haori to cover my uniform and sword while grabbing it like a bag.

I also fixed my hair before smiling and approach the village, I was a little bit amazed that there are too many people, it's getting dark already so many lights can be seen in the street. I really wanted to explore but I have a job to do that is really important. I raise my head and saw Kai flying leading where the mansion is. After walking for a minutes Kai stopped in landed to the tree, near it a big mansion can be see.

I remember Ruka-sama had a mansion like this, I then saw a woman who is holding a basket full of blanket  while entering inside, but before she entered I ran towards her and called her attention. She stopped and gently faced me, she was beautiful, her skin, eyes, and   hair were so stunning. She then smiled as she fully faced me.

" What do you wang young girl?" She asked, her voice was also calm yet gentle. I smiled and bowed my head to show some respect before facing her.

" I came here to work for the Oiran in here. Is that okay for you?" I asked, she blinked her eyes but smiled widely before placing down the basket and grabbing my hand to hold them.

"  You're the new girl servant. Of course also your beauty really is amazing. You really fit here." She said, I was flustered when she called me beautiful but I didn't forget to thanked her. She smiled as a replied before pulling me inside.

" I'll let you meet Nako-sama, she is the Oiran of this house and also the village." She said happily, she really seems like the Oiran named Nako. I didn't said anything and let her pulled me. " Ah I forgot my name is Rika and you are?"

" Y/N"

She tilt her head to face me with a grin before mumbling ' nice to meet you.' We then arrived infront  of a door making her slowly remove her hands to mine and called the Oiran's name before opening the door. My eyes saw a woman who is a real beauty with a gentltle smile, she was wearing a light make-up making her more beautiful. Our eyes meet making me smile and bowed, she also smiled at me making me kneel infront of her.

" Nako-sama, she is the new girl who will be working with us." Rika-san said happily, the Oiran giggled before facing me still smiling.

" I see, you're beautiful. What's your name?" Her voice was also angelic and I blushed a little when she praise me making me smile.

" Th-thank you. I'm Y/N." I replied, she just nod and gently held my hands.

"  Welcome to my house, Y/N. Don't worry we will take care of you." I didn't said anything and thanked her, Nako-sama then asked Rika-san to show me where I will be staying. I just followed her until we arrived in the room.

" The two of us will sleep in here, do you mind if I'll keep that bag you are holding?" Rika-san suddenly  asked making me smile and shook my head.

" No it's okay, this bag is really important to me. Uhm do you have any closet?" I asked, Rika didn't said anything but just smiled and pointed at the closet. I thanked her before approaching it and placed the bag where I was hiding my sword and  my uniform.

" You must be hungry, I'll go get some food." Rika-san said before leaving me, I took that oppurtunity to started using my keen eyes. I detect some odd aura and also something is bothering me. Especially Nako-sama, when I met her she look so normal. But my eyes can't hide anything, I saw some dark aura sorrounding her. And also this whole mansion was hiding something but I really can't pinpoint where it is.

" Y/N-chan! Food is here." I flinched when Rika-san suddenly appeared making me smile and nod. Rika-san is normal like the other servants I met. I don't sense anything bad from her, but I can not let my guard down. Something is wrong with this place that I need to figure it out as soon as possible.

******

Both Rika-san and I were laying down, she was already asleep after talking so much about how to work in here, and also on how did he came here and become one of Nako-sama's closest servant. But still I can't sense any demon in here, it's really getting odd. I really wanted to check something but I can't wake Rika-san. Still I slowly stand up, not making a sound as I get my sword to the closet and went out. Good thing I fixed my sword for me to easily pulled it incase or emergency.

I then walked in the hallway, trying my best not to disturb the servants who is sleeping. I started exploring everyrthing, even outside and the backyard. Yer still I didn't find any demon or something that will lead me to it. I sighed and decided to go back, I went to the library to keep on exploring. While doing it I grabbed some book to read or to find something more interesting. But again, I found nothing, for the second time I sighed.

I slowly left the library and closed the door without a sound. I stopped for a while and stared at the moon, this place is getting suspicious. I didn't found something odd, nor the demon didn't even showed itself. Don't tell me the demon was waiting for a chance to attack the servants without me noticing. But demon is a man eater, she/he can't even control itself until she really taste a human flesh.

This is really getting complicated, I don't even know if I have a chance to meet a morphed demon or even worse and lower moon. If in case I met an lower moon  I need to prepare myself to really fight it. A pillar can easily defeat an lower moon but for a normal demon slayer whose rank is not that high can't even stand a chance. You can defeat if you are really strong or have a companion with you who is also strong.

I sighed again and decided to go back to the room, while walking I stopped when I heard a soft whimper of a woman. I tilt my head, it's so dark right now but my eyes can see a door with many seal on it. I didn't hesitate and dashed towards it, my eyes widened a little. I'm not mistaken they really put a seal in here, but why are they restraining someone in here. I pulled my sword and prepared to cut it but I sense an attack coming from me.

I hurriedly turned  my back and blocked it, it was a small sharp blade. I then heard a footsteps making me stand up, seeing that person didn't shocked me as I faced her seriously. It was the  person who really is suspicious from the time she let me in to the mansion.

" What's the meaning of this, Rika-san?"

*******