Digging up the past

(Spoilers from the manga, forgot what chapters)
edited: 5/6/21

"nii-chan! nii-chan! wait!" (is that the right term for older brother- please correct me im dumb)

"hurry muichiro! you're going to make us late for dinner again!" 

I had a brother..a twin brother, he stuck with me..until that one distort day.

...

The expression on my mother's face..

The blood on my father's body..

The tears on my brother's face..

The demon in our house..

The silent screams coming out of my mouth..

why?

just why?

"f-father.." I slowly start to walk towards his almost dead body, reaching out to grab him.

"muichiro! stop!"

Nii-chan grabs me and pulls me into a hug

"shhh, Nii-chan will protect you.."

"Muichiro , Yuichiro.. go hide in your room!" 

Mother was trying to protect us, but..the demon is strong, how? how can she protect us?

Yuichiro drags me into our room and uses everything to block the door, he then takes me into the closet and closes it.

"Nii-chan is here, nii-chan is always here for you. Nii-chan will protect you ogey?"

When my older brother was talking to me, I couldn't even respond to him.  It's like the words I was supposed to say left my mouth. 

...

We heard screaming, followed by a munching sound..followed by a demon awakening..

I wanted to screamed, I wanted to go see if our parents were okay-! But if I did that, I would get myself killed, so I just cried.  I cried quietly, knowing that my parents were monsters.  Flesh, blood loving monsters.  I couldn't stop them! I couldn't stop the demon, but what could I have done?  I was only a kid. I was only 10-! If I were stronger...If I was bolder...just maybe..maybe mother and father could still be alive.

-

"Muichiro-chan, grab the firewood. It's almost late, wouldn't want the monsters coming out again."

"y-yes.."

Yuichiro changed.

He was happy, always smiling, caring. 

But.

He changed.

"Muichiro! Hurry!"

"y-yes, i'm s-sorry"

Nii-chan was never mean, I didn't believe he was, I still love my brother.

But of course, fate had to punish me again.

...

Blood.

Yuichiro.

Blood.

Demon.

Blood.

Myself.

I stood there, a knife in my hands, blood on my shirt, tears in my eyes. 

Yuichiro laid there, dead but smiling.

The demon laid there also dead.

I stared..stared too long that I didn't even realize I was crying.