chapter six

Sabrina

Sabrina

"I feel like absolute fucking shit."

My Australia-native friend groaned as she laid her blonde head on top of our counter. She was still adoring her set of silk pajamas, but must've showered after I left for classes because her hair was wrapped up in a towel. With no ounce of makeup on her face, the puffiness underneath her eyes were more prominent.

I stirred the pasta noodles in the pot that I set on the stove as I waited for the water to boil. Currently, it was evening time and since I was nicknamed the 'resident cook' of our apartment when we first moved in, I was making everyone dinner.

Cora and Lacey were sitting on the sofa cuddled up underneath a fuzzy blanket as they watched some horror movie. They had requested I make Alfredo, and I didn't protest considering any type of pasta was my absolute favorite food.

I reached up into the cabinet near the fridge and pulled out a bottle of ibuprofen. "Here take two of these."

         She lifted her head only to put them in her mouth and take a sip of water. After, Millie lair her head back down and continue to moan and groan about her hangover.

         "Never let me drink again." She ordered me. I couldn't help but laugh because we all knew the truth — Millie would be all over the next chance to get drunk.

        Once the water began boiling, I turned off the stove and grabbed the noodle strainer. Cursing as I accidentally burnt my finger, I stuck it under the cold faucet. I was a great cook, but damn was I clumsy.

        "Where'd you disappear off to last night? None of us saw you after we departed." Millie asked me as she gently lifted herself up to gulp down the remains of her drink. I eyed her weirdly when some of the water dribbled out of her mouth and spilled onto the front of her shirt. She gave me a sheepish smile.

        I shrugged my shoulders. "I just sat on the couch most of the night."

         Millie narrowed her eyes at me. "That's it?"

         I avoided her penetrating gaze and mixed the Alfredo sauce with the pasta. "Yes, that's all I did."

        "Liar!" Lacey yelled out from the living room. I shot her a look of warning as she just exposed me. She smirked when I flicked her off and then nestled closer to her girlfriend.

         "What else happened?" I knew this was a battle I was going to lose, so I sighed and turned to face Millie.

        She waited for me to respond with a raised eyebrow.