chapter nine

Sabrina

Sabrina

          "No offense, but I think you're a bitch."

My mouth couldn't help but fall open upon hearing my best friend insult me whilst the other gave me a look of disappointment. We were all sitting on the sofa, each of us adorning a pair of baggy sweatpants and oversized t-shirts.

          It had been approximately five hours since slamming the door in a certain someone's face and immediately going to the fridge to eat away my nervous feelings. It was now the evening time and the takeout Chinese food we ordered messily decorated our coffee table.

I had just popped a fortune cookie into mouth when both Millie and Cora stared at me in disbelief.

           "Excuse me?" I asked Millie, whom had just bluntly called me a swear-word. It wasn't unlikely for her to curse, but I was definitely offended by her choice of words.

           Cora nodded her head. "You know, normally I'm the sensible one in this group, but I think I'll have to agree with her." She took a bite of her Orange chicken. "You're a bitch."

I threw the empty wrapper from my cookie down onto my plate and scoffed. "What ever happened to girls supporting girls?"

"It doesn't apply to the girls whom are just straight up rude." Millie informed me with narrowed eyes. She shook her head at me causing her top-knot to slightly bounce.

Pouting in the corner, I folded my arms across my chest. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

Both of my friends rolled their eyes at me. I wanted to throw my hands up in defeat, but I settled with giving them a perplexed look. Cora set her plate down on the table before unfolding her legs that she was sitting on and leaned in towards me.

           "Sweetie, I mean this in a kindest way possible, but not only are you a bitch, you're also a dumbass." I saw the look of disappointment in her eyes before she stood up and began cleaning up our dinner mess.

           Millie also stood up and I watched in fear as she walked towards me. My intuition to be scared was indeed correct because I felt a sharp pain hit my shoulder. I yelped before shooting her a crazed 'wtf' look.

           "Ow!"

          "Are you alright in the head?" She asked as she hovered above me. Millie's hand connected to my cheek and then my forehead. "You don't have a fever, so I'm going to need an explanation as to why you rejected a bloody kiss from Houston Bradshaw!"