Eight

- Nyla -

Wake.

Fight.

Pain.

Darkness.

Fracture.

More pain.

Cold.

No more fight.

Silence.

Pain.

Pain in darkness.

The world was muffled from the moment my eyes cracked open I could see nothing but darkness. My face radiated pain. My body ached from the tip of my nose to the tip of my toes.

Chains. Metal. Steel. It's cold. It hurts. Everything aches. Everything burn. When your skin is cold for so long hot feels like cold and cold feels cold. You can't tell the difference. When trauma forces you to play hide and seek in your own mind. Trying to protect itself.
Finding a way to survive the trauma.

Fight. Protect.

His warm voice fills my brain. The way he says my name.

"Ny"

His warm brown eyes and the edge of his jaw. The gentle crease on his cheek as he smirks. The confidence in his stride the way he holds his head high.
He seems peaceful. He seems kind. Not like me slowly losing my mind.

"Nyla"

The rasp I never knew he had before claws at his voice. Like he needs me. Wants me. Keeps me. Warms me.

He is like a anchor in the ocean of pain. Holding me here. Keeping he still.

It's so cold. Why can't it be him. Why couldn't it be him. He said he'd protect me. Where I go he goes. Where is he? Where am I?
Why does it hurt?

Help. I need help. But it's too late.

He hurt me. Not the brown eyes.
The black ones.
The cold ones.
The dead ones.
The one with spikes for fingers. The ones that dig in my skin and leave marks. The ones who laugh at the pain, crying in vain.
Bruises and broken bones.

"Nyla!" Mother cried rushing over as I lay on the grass clutching my arm, looking up at the trampoline like it betrayed me.

"Mama!" I cry out my arm aches.

"Ny, honey what happened" she scoops me up looking at my arm testing to see if its broken.

"I fell mama"

"I told you that trampoline was a silly idea woman" Daddy grumbles from behind her, he watchs as she hugs me tighters and smiles at him.

"It's not broken honeybee, you just landed on it. Trampolines are so much fun arent they baby" she smiles pushing a stray wave behind my little ears. Her warm brown hair catching the light of the afternoon sun making her look like a angel in the sunlight.

"Yea mama, except when I fall" I agree as my face falls i look down are mama's hands on my forearm as she lifts it and kisses it better.

"But what do we do when we fall honeybee?" Mama asks gently

"We get back up mama"

"Exactly honeybee, we dont let a little slip get us down do we?" She smiles

"No mama" I beam hopping back up and jump straight back on the trampoline. Waving at mama and daddy brightly as he smiles shaking his head at her. Mama gently touches his cheek as beams at him. Daddy wasnt happy santa got the trampoline but mama said it was okay. Bouncing higher and higher I hear mama giggling at him and he pulls her into a big cuddle. His leather very different to her yellow sunny dress.
Daddy looks down at her and tells mama he loves her and she squeals as he throws her over his shoulder like a firefighter and runs away. I wave back at mama as they go away and continue jumping higher and higher to the sky.

We rise when we fall. We reach for the stars and take it all.

We fall.

And fall. And fall.

----------

Unedited!

Only a short one today guys. Getting back into the swing of things. Finally.

Very dark chapter with Nyla going through it. Next chapter will have a few perspectives one of which being Bear.

How do you think hes going with his daughter being kidnapped?

Dont forget to vote!