• ° Sixteen ° •

Nyla

He looked like a yeti. 

I mean...an attractive yeti....but still...a yeti

Scruffy and ruffled it was strange to see him in that state. His energy seemed like nothing would ever bother him. I guess that is my own doing. 

and I was no better

His bruising had faded and his cast had been removed. His tattoos covering his arms like armor and the muscle threads twitching as he ever so gentle brushed through the nest up on my head.

He didn't look like the gentle type. 

You would think he'd have it in him.

but I guess maybe what they say about assuming is true...if makes an ass out of you and me. 

Brush after brush his agile hands untangled the knots, with the helping of a detangler. He had more patience than me. If there was scissors in my room i would've hacked it all off. still missing chucks the dark locks now hung limply. I lacked the energy to btoher with it, it used to act as a shield. not anymore. 

I could feel the anger and tension rolling off Aces, he seemed nervous and tentative. as if he was scared to scare me away, he couldnt though. not that he knew that. his long dark eyelashs fanned across his cheeks as he gathered the ends brushing through the knots. He was very through making sure everything was back to the way it was. 

He was the only one who didnt treat me so vastly different now.
Who didnt, or at least didnt show it that he was walking on each shells.

Avoiding me like the plague. The pity stares and cowering glances, i was the Priar of the compound.

"I know you think everyone pitys you now" he said softly, as if he read my mind.

"They just dont know what to do. None of us do"

Like that was any different from before, now they had an awful reason to treat me like a leper.

"I dont need their pity, Aces"

"No, but you have it anyway. They love you and want to be there for you"

Rage began to boil.

"Enough" I said quietly but he continued.

"They want to fight for you. To make it right. They all do. They are your family."

"ENOUGH!" i cried shoving him away

"Ny"

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I shrieked trying to cover my ears to shut out his voice.

"Nyla, they are trying their best. Maybe if you try and forgive them for"

"Forgive them??" I wailed, turned to glare at him "for what?"

"Trying their..."

"They werent their! They didnt go throigh it! All they see is whats left. And noone will ask! Because they are scsred i will fall apart. They are no different to before. Scared of the reaction or Bears punishment.
How many times has he visited since the attacked? Not many because he cant stand the sight of me!! His wife who fucking hates me does"

"She doesnt hate you"

"Well she doesnt love me either!!"

"And you want them too! All youve ever done is push them away!"

"So its my fault??" Reeling as if hed slapped me

"No I never said that!" He yells back closing the distance between us.

"I LOST MY MOM!! And my father pretty much locked me away!! For years! Imagine living every day so protected everyone in the real world was scared of you. Scared of the club, scared of being caught up in this life.   No-one even bothered to be my friend or try to get to know me. I was judged because of my family, it didnt matter how hard i tried. So I gave up. Sue me for becoming tired of the bullshit Aces. You have no idea what it was like to grow up in this hellhole. You will never understand!"

"...ny" he said softly

"Get out!"

"No"

"Get. Out!"

"No!" He closed the distance between us so i had to tilt my neck to meet his gaze

"I said GET OUT! LEAVE! I DON'T WANT YOU HERE! I HATE YOU!!" Bursting into a fit of tearful rage, I shrieked lashing out at him like he was a punching bag.

"Nyla!" He batted my weak slaps away as if they were nothing.

"I HATE YOU!" He launched at me just as my knees began to collapse from beneath me. Wrapping his tree like arms around my body cradling me against the warmth of his chest.
As if i was stunned my body froze and held against his tightly, the rage fizzled but the sadness continued.

"Well...i don't hate you. And your stuck with me now. Im not going to leave you Nyla."

He doesnt mean it.

"I promised you...and I meant it"

Promised me what?

"Its okay baby, shhhh" He cooed as all the sadness and pain let out like a flood.

He didnt waver, and he didnt leave. For hours he sat there with me as i cried. Just holding me up. Being the strength by my side. Until we both fell asleep, curled up in a ball on the rug beside my bed.

If was the first night in as long as I can remember I rested peacefully.
Wrapped up in his warmth.
Surrounded by his protection.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Update!

Hey guys!

Anyone else in Melb lockdowns? Ive been, thankfully I've been able to work as well.

Can't wait for it to be over though and life can go back to normal.

What do you think of this chapter??

Nyla and Aces are def going through a bit atm.

Let me know your thoughts

Dont forget to like & comment