f i v e

"How are classes?" Aurora's father, Michael, asks as he paces her the plate with the vegetables in it.

"Horrible. I don't know if I prefer normal school or online classes." Aurora admits as she takes the plate and puts some of its content on her plate, before passing it on to Cat.

"Shouldn't the fact that you can now have classes in pyjamas be a good thing?" Angela, the mother, asks her older daughter, causing the youngest to snort.

"As if. Sure, it's a good thing, but the teacher are so annoying and give us homework after homework. We work more now, then we did while at school." Cat explains to their mother.

"Other than school, how is life?" Michael asks the two girls, who look at each other as if they had just seen their father grow a second head. "What's that look for?"

"Dad, we're in quarantine. We are all under the same roof." Aurora points out, just as she starts eating, making her father roll his eyes.

"Yet, I don't see you guys."

"Are you blind? Why didn't you tell us dad?" Cat asks sarcastically, making Aurora snort as she raises her hand for her sister to high five, which Cat does.

"Haha, you guys are very funny." Michael shakes his head, a small smile on his lips.

"I know right." Cat says with a grin, just as the sound of a phone interrupts their conversation, signalling a new message. Aurora's eyes widen as she recognises that as her phone.

"Seems like Cole can't get enough of you." Angela teases her daughter, who gives her a look. Michael clears his throat and raises an eyebrow questioningly.

"I don't think it's Cole. I think its your new friends, is it Jason, or maybe Joe, you wouldn't dare go for Adam!" Cat gasps teasingly, making Aurora glare at her.

"It's either Jason or Meg. Those are the only people I've texted today." Aurora explains to her sister, who smirks knowingly. "And stop obsessing over Adam."

"Who is Adam and Jason?" Michael asks his daughter, making both girls groan. Being the only children and girls, made their father overly protective of them. It took a week for Aurora to convince her father, that Cole, her boyfriend, would never purposely hurt her. They have now been together for two years, much to Michael's distaste.

"Our new friends." Aurora answers, looking at her mother for help.

"Michael, stop your nonsense. We're in quarantine and Aurora has a boyfriend, they're obviously just friends." Angela had grown up with more brothers than she deemed necessary, so she knew the struggle of having men try to stop her from living her life, even if they had good intentions behind. So, she let her daughters do their thing as long as they brought back good grades and it was legal.

"Anyway, moving on. The school year is basically over soon and it'll mean that I have to start thinking about uni and stuff. So NYU?" Aurora asks, making her parents look at each other.

"Still want to do European and Mediterranean Studies?" Michael asks her, making Aurora nod. "Well look into it. Make sure you have a back up plan and if you can give us a good plan. We'll consider it."

"New York is a whole five hour flight from here. Are you sure you want to go that far away?" Angela asks, making Aurora shrug.

"We'll see."