Ch. 11 - Drunk

Roman's p.o.v. (wow a new pov .3.)

Although it's 10:30 at night and I should be getting my beauty sleep, Virgil wanted food. I would never go outside alone this late for just anyone, but Virgil is different. He's gloomy and usually so quiet, but now he's beginning to open up more to me. He says that after 10 pm it's "crackhead hours" and we're going to try to pull an all nighter. 

Now, he's a bit of a poor influence for someone such as myself, but I'm having fun with him and he makes my heart melt and I want to be near him all the time. So for the sake of true love, I went out and walked down the street to get some snacks. 

Unfortunately, in order to get to the convenience store, I had to pass Deceit. It's a pretty weird name for a bar, but it's where all the morons and shady people go for a drink. I picked up my pace but I was quickly halted when a small man rushed past me and went straight for the garbage can. I looked away as he threw up, but once he stopped I looked to face him. 

The blonde curls on the top of his head seemed oddly familiar. 

"Patton?" I asked. 

He turned around to face me, swaying back and forth. I was sure he was going to fall over any second. 

"Roman, is that you?" Patton asked, walking over to me. 

"Uhh..yep. Yep, it's me. I say, what are you doing at such a disgusting place. It doesn't seem like it'd really be your scene."

Patton shrugged. "My boyfriend--wait. Scratch that. He's not my boyfriend anymore!" He laughed. 

Virgil had told me all about his cousin, Daniel, and all the bad things that went along with him. Which made me that more happier when Patton said this. 

"You broke up with him?" 

"Noooope! We're engaged now. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.." His cheering was the least enthusiastic yay I've ever heard in my entire life. 

"Oh, Patton. I'm sorry to hear t--I mean..wait. Are you happy with him?"

Patton shrugged his shoulders, which caused him to lose his balance and fall over. Somehow. The world may never understand drunk people. 

I caught him right before he hit the ground and put him on my back. He wrapped his arms around me and clung onto me as I took him back to the dorms. Guess Virgil wasn't getting his Flaming Hot Cheetos. I'm sure he'd understand. 

"Roman?" Patton asked, his face lying down on my shoulder.

"Yeah? What is it, Patton?"

"Does Virgil make you happy?" 

"Of course." I said without skipping a beat. That question will always be a no brainer. 

"Wow. You're lucky."

"I mean, yes, but why do you bring this up?"

Patton sighed. "Dan doesn't make me happy.."

I felt terrible for Patton. Yet I'm not sure why he's still with Dan. Logan is clearly a much better suitor, yet Patton decides to be with a man who treats him terribly over and over again. 

"Then why are you with him? If you don't mind my asking."

"I..." He began before trailing off. He was silent for the rest of the walk home, and so was I. I walked down the hall and knocked on the door to Virgil and Patton's dorm. Virgil opened it a bit and saw me standing there. He closed the door again and unlocked it, opening it all the way this time. 

"I didn't get snacks, but I did bring home a teddy bear."

"Teddy bear? Where??" Patton's head shot up as he looked around.