Ch. 14 - Urge

Patton's p.o.v.

I froze in my seat, half wanting to get out of the car, run over to Logan and k--hug him. Yep. The other half just wants to curl up in a ball and hide from him because he is a constant reminder of the happiness I could potentially have but is just out of my reach. 

"Wow look who we just so happened to park next to!" Roman exclaimed. For someone going into an acting career, he wasn't very convincing. Virgil just went right along with him. 

"What a small world, I guess." He said, climbing out of the car. Knowing there was no way to back out now, I climbed out of the car and walked over, sort of hiding behind Virgil. It somehow felt different seeing him now that I'm engaged. Somehow more wrong. 

He smiled at me, seeming genuinely surprised that I was here. "Good morning, Patton. What an unexpected pleasure to meet you here." 

"HELLOOOOOO stranger whomst I've never met before!" Roman said as he shook Logan's sister's hand. 

She laughed but was kinda taken aback by how crazy he was. "Um, yeah, hi." She said. I then saw her smirk and wink at him, causing him to wink. I know I can be gullible sometimes, but I'm not blind. It's clear that they've been talking. 

"Pops, ya ok?" Virgil turned to look at me. I nodded quickly. 

"Yep! Yep, I'm totally fine it's all fine we should probably go inside before the line gets too long and we get stuck waiting--"

"Pat, you either talk like that when you're lovesick or anxious. Now which is it?"

I thought for a moment. "Both..?" I mumbled.

 Virgil smirked and moved out from in front of me and gave me a little nudge towards Logan. He smiled at me as I slowly walked over. I felt my legs turn to jello. He was still the same Logan, but he was a bit more casual and a few strands of his hair came un-gelled and sat in front of his face.

"Patton, are you alright? You're awfully quiet today."

I nodded quickly, smiling. "Y-yeah I'm fine it's just that I didn't expect to see you here hahaaa what a surprise hey do you know how to plan a space party?" 

Logan chuckled. "I can't say that I do. Enlighten me?" He said, something about the way he said it made shivers go down my spine. 

"Y-you planet! Get it?" 

He stared at me blankly. 

"Was that the answer? If so I don't think that's a properly constructed sentence. I think you mean to say 'plan it' not 'planet.'" 

His sister facepalmed. And whispered 'Dear God' under her breath before walking next to him. "Don't take it personally, he doesn't get sarcasm, puns, jokes, literally anything fun."

"O-oh.." I said, a bit embarrassed that I used one of my best jokes and he didn't even get it. His sister quickly extender her hand. 

"Anyways, I'm Lydia. You're Patton, I presume?"

I nodded and shook her hand. She still used some of the smart words Logan did, but at the same time she was way more relaxed and kinda gave off Roman energy. "Yep, that's me!"

She smirked. "Logan here has told me aaaaall about you. Quite honestly he can't stop talking about you."

Logan's face flushed as he glared at her. "F-falsehood. I do not talk about him all the time. You inquired about him once and I gave you an answer."

"If by 'inquire' you mean go off into a trance as you described to me the--"

"Alright well I am going to relocate inside and wait in line while you guys converse out here feel free to come in when you're ready ok? Ok." Logan said and did a full ˚180 and began walking towards the observatory.