Chapter 4

Tyler and Kate dropped Melody off at hers and Vivian Rose's cottage before heading to Genie's cottage. "So my imposter is in there?" Kate asked. "Correct." Tyler said as they peered in the window to see her napping. "So what do we do with her?" Kate asked. Tyler then used his magic to make her disappear. "Was she actually pregnant?" Tyler asked as they went inside. "Of course not. Melody and I heard Seth wanted to make it realistic." Kate explained. "Figures." Tyler said. "Yep." Kate agreed. "Did Nick know about any of this?" Tyler asked. "While under Seth's control. Nick's mind was taken over a couple weeks before you found the lamp the second time. He doesn't remember anything from when he was under Seth's control. I was captured around the same amount of time." Kate explained. "So you're both behind in school?" Tyler asked. "Nope, The prison is good at keeping people up with school. Lenora was actually a pro at leaving her homework lying round so Melody and I studied her work then had to write hers and my exams." Kate explained. "We should head home now and tell my parents the news." Tyler said.

Kate and Tyler teleported back to the house. "We're back mom." Tyler told Mrs. MacMillan who was just playing a game on her phone. "Is Nick with you two?" Mrs. MacMillan asked. "He's at Missouri's and we have something important to tell you." Kate said. "What?" Mrs. MacMillan asked. "So I was captured for almost a year by Seth Drew who's this evil kid who's Lenora's twin." Kate said. "She was replaced by an imposter." Tyler added. "I thought something was off about her but she made me not say anything." Mrs. MacMillan said. "Did everyone but me know!?" Tyler asked annoyed. "Clearly." Kate laughed. "I have a question: do you actually have dark magic or was that just the imposter?" Tyler asked. "I actually do." Kate answered as Missouri and Nick teleported in. "You saved her from the imposter finally?" Nick and Missouri asked Tyler. "OH COME ON!" Tyler angrily went to his room slamming the door. "Well somebody's not in a good mood." Kate said. "Can we talk to you Mom?" Nick asked. "Should I leave?" Kate asked. "Probably a good idea." Mrs. MacMillan said. "I'll be at the library." Kate said. "Okay." Mrs. MacMillan nodded as Kate just left the house nearly bumping into Mr. MacMillan. "You guys are home?" Mr. MacMillan asked. "Yep, just going to the library, Nick's inside with his girlfriend talking to his mom. Tyler is just in his room pissed off." Kate warned. "Uh thanks." he said weirded out as she magically teleported her skateboard to her and helmet on then skateboarded away.

Meanwhile in his room Tyler was quite raged. How did everyone but him know. Hey, can I talk to you for a minute? He heard Vivian Rose ask. "I guess." He grumbled. At least it wasn't one of his parents. I know you're mad everyone knew but you but I can help explain why that was and why no one told you. Vivian Rose said. "Care to explain?" He asked, mad. Every time someone found out she hushed them somehow. You were also under some kind of spell too. Vivian Rose explained. "What about you?" Tyler shot at her. I don't know exactly what my major kick-off was. Vivian Rose said. "No, why didn't you tell me?" Tyler scold. I wasn't 100% sure and I would rather have you mad at me for partially knowing you mad thinking I was lying to you. Vivian Rose answered.

In the library Kate just sat on a chair there and reading a book she wanted to check out. After an hour she decided to leave. "Shite! Where's my library card, surely the imposter got one." She looked through her pockets. "Excuse me," A girl from behind Kate said. "Ya?" Kate quietly answered. "I think it's in your hair." She said. Kate checked her hair. "Oh, it is. Thanks." Kate sheepishly smiled. "No problem." The girl walked off. Kate felt her head and found it then checked out the book. She then skateboarded back to the house...and collided into Tyler as he walked out the door, knocking herself over. "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!! Wait, Tyler?" she shouted at her assailant, and instantly regretted it. "What now?" he muttered, and helped her up. "I'm heading back to the house." She smiled holding up a couple books. "Oh, sorry. Here, let me help you with that, ok?" he offered, and she gave him her books. "You don't need to but okay, I can handle fine on my own." She smiled. "Nonsense! I'm your boyfriend and it's my job to do this for you." Tyler said. Kate rolled her eyes.