Chapter 5

The next couple of hours was sheer hell for Tyler, but he remembered that he had yarn to mess with, so he kissed Kate on the cheek and said, "Hey honey, I'm going to go work on a project. If you wanna come in, make sure you knock, ok?" Smiling, she nodded, and off he went. Kate teleported one of her many notebooks and a black pen to her then started working on one of her stories.

Upstairs, Tyler pulled out his GAMER-TOP, a desktop-laptop that he created, and logged into his VPN server. Just after he logged in it all crashed and turned off. When he tried turning back on nothing happened. He wasn't entirely sure as to why that was happening. "Ok, this is getting out of hand. What the hell is happening?" he said aloud. Kate heard that and went upstairs and knocked on his room door with a little rhythm to it. "No, kit. You caused this, and now, I have to reverse it by any means necessary," he replied. "I'm just wanting to tell you what can and can't be done with the curse in effect." She answered. After a moment of silence, he let her in. "What is it?" he demanded. "So! No magic at all except one spell that avoids you from getting hurt which you can cast easily. All recreational uses of electronics will either crash then turn off, or just turn off, you can only call family on the house phone or emergency serviced, and use the computer for school work. It will crash and shut off if you do for anything else like text me in class." She answered. Speechless, he sat back down on his bed. "I love you." She said quietly. "I...love you, too," he said, now weary. "I have full control over the curse. I can place and remove whenever." She smiled sweetly, but then sighed when she saw his crestfallen expression. "Please, just...go," he asked, looking the other way. "No problem and I won't be evil about so you know." She assured him before leaving him alone and teleported to the kitchen. Little did she know that he was going to reverse time and remove the curse himself. But, she had no idea as far as he knew.

Now seeing that the coast was clear, he walked over to his closet and entered a secret passcode he only knew. The closet turned into an elevator, and he stepped in. The closet doors appeared to be normal again, and he descended into his "hidden base", as he called it. He bailed out at the last minute, then snuck downstairs, using a handwoven invisibility cloak, intending to spy on his girlfriend and mom.

Meanwhile at that moment, Kate was in the kitchen. She was making herself a snack when Mrs. MacMillan walked in. "Did you cast the spell Tyler's dad asked you to?" She asked. "Yep, curse is placed." She said. "Curse?" Mrs. MacMillan asked. "Ya, I never learned a spell that can do it. Probably because most of my magic involves curses." She answered. "Okay then." Mrs. MacMillan said. "I hate this part but there's always a secret loophole to the curse when I place it." Kate admitted, and Tyler leaned forward, hoping to catch the loophole. "The loophole is if he can enter a certain number combination. It's custom to the cursor like something they pick. If Tyler were to find out, he could secretly go on and I wouldn't detect it." Kate explained. "What's the loophole?" Mrs. MacMillan asked. "Well since he's in his room sulking, poor baby, I think I can tell you. It's my four digits and my fav day of the whole year." She smiled whining the poor baby part. "I'll keep- wait. Can you tell me the numbers so that I can remember them?" his mom asked. "Sure, while he's in his room, but to ensure Nick doesn't hear cause I always use the same one I'll whispered." she acquiesced then whispered it in her ear. "Does he know that?" Mrs. MacMillan asked. "I don't know actually." Kate answered truthfully. Looking thoughtful, he snuck back to his room and went down his closet-elevator to his secret base, and put on his favorite Doctor Who outfit. "Now then, let's see here," he mused in his best British accent, then walked over to a blue police box. "Ah, yes. The TARDIS, the best ship in the galaxy." Opening the double doors, he snapped his fingers, then said, "Activate: VCAT TARDIS CONSOLE 14." "Access denied. Passcode?" The TARDIS responded back. "SHIT!" "Not the right password~!" a familiar voice said, and he shouted so loud that his mom and Kate could hear: "GAAAAAAAAAAAH CURSE YOU, Kate YOU DID THIS TO ME!!" Upstairs, Kate and his mom started laughing. "It was my idea to have you do this." Mrs. MacMillan said while laughing. "Oh my!" Kate laughed on. "Passcode: 1031," he said. "Passcode correct. Welcome, Doctor," the console affirmed.