Chapter I

(Y/n) sat at her desk in her lab. It was 9:00. She should have been home, but she was working on something important. She stared at the empty vile in front of her. "What am I doing...? This is stupid..." She mumbled to herself. She stood up and walked to the cabinet full of chemicals. "Where is it, where is it?" She sighed. She must have left it in a different room. (Y/n) stared at the time. 9:20. She should have left an hour ago, but she couldn't for some reason. She walked out of the room into the dark hallway.

As she walked, she stared in front of her. It was almost pitch black, but the light from her lab was lighting it up a bit. She made it to the door of the room with more chemicals. She reached into her pocket to grab the keys. As soon as she was about to put the key in the doorknob, she noticed the door was slightly opened. "Odd..." She walked in, not thinking twice. She looked around a bit before shrugging and walking to another cabinet. Suddenly, something wrapped around her waist. She looked down to see what it was. A scythe looking object. "Ms. (L/n), I need you to do something for me", said a dark figure. (Y/n) turned around and looked at them. It was a person dressed as a... scarecrow..?

     "Who are you?" She asked. She would have tried to back up but the scythe stopped her from doing so. "You can call me Scarecrow. But that doesn't matter. I need you to do something for me." He said as he walked towards her. He was taller than herby a few inches. "I'm not going to help you." (Y/n) unwrapped the scythe from her waist and walked to the door. "I guess you leave me no choice." The person called Scarecrow said as he sprayed her with some kind of gas. (Y/n) backed away from the gas. "What is that?" She asked as she walked in the opposite direction of it. "Wait what!? Why didn't it work!?" Scarecrow said, panicking a bit. "What was it supposed to do?" She asked. He looked over at her and back at the gun type thing that shot it out. "It's called fear gas. It makes people see their worst fears." He explained and looked at her before speaking again. "Why didn't it work on you?" (Y/n) looked at the gun and at him. "That makes since. I have no fears." She said. Scarecrow turned to her and thought for a while.

     "Ms. (L/n), I need your help making a special kind of gas like this one." He said and handed her a list of ingredients before leaving. She walked out of the room and walked to her lab with a sigh. "Looks like I'm not leaving any time soon..." (Y/n) sight and began making the gas.