Chapter VIII

Once the meeting was over, (Y/n) quickly went to the lab room. She sat down and stared at the ground. "That was awkward..." she said as she looked over at Ornith, who was standing on the lamp. She heard a knock at the door and sighed. "Come in..." she said as she looked at the door. She saw Jonathan walk in and started blushing. "Hey uh I just wanted to say sorry. That was probably embarrassing for you..." he said, quietly. "It's fine." She said as she looked away from him. Jonathan sighed and leaned against the wall. "I still shouldn't have done that..." he said.
"I liked it..." (Y/n) mumbled. "What was that?" He asked. "I said don't worry about it." She replied. Jonathan nodded and looked at the ground. "You alright?" He asked. She tried to keep her face hidden. "Yea. I'm fine.." she said. Jonathan walked over to her. "You sure?" He asked in a worried tone. "You look sick." He said. "I'm fine. I'm not sick." She said as she looked at him. He nodded and walked to the door. "Oh, Jonathan?" She said. "Hm?" He looked at her. "Thank you." She said with a small smile. "For what?" He asked. "For caring about me." She said. He nodded and left the room.

Later that night, (y/n) went outside and sat next to a tree. She stared at the sky as she thought about something. As she stared at the sky, she heard something behind her. She turned around to see nothing there. "Odd..." she mumbled as she looked at the ground. She picked a flower and looked at it. She turned around when she heard the rustling again. She didn't see anything and decided to turn back around. When she did, she saw a tall figure in front of her. "BOO!" They said. "Oh. Hey Jonathan." She said as he sighed and sat down next to her. "What are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" He asked. "I got bored." She said as she looked at him.

  They started talking for a while until there was a yawn. Jonathan looked over at (Y/n). "Tired?" He asked. "What? No not at all." She said. "Sure." he said with a small laugh. "I'm serious. I don't get tired." She'd say as she yawned again. "I guess that means we forget about the other day when you fell asleep in the dining room?" He said. "That's because I stayed up late the night before." She said. "Alright" Jonathan said sarcastically.

They continued talking for a while until Jonathan felt something on his shoulder. She fell asleep and rested her head there. He sighed and let her stay there so she wouldn't wake up. Soon after, he fell asleep too.

——————————————————————————

I know this chapter is short but I was really busy but I also wanted to put up another part. Sorry! I'll make the next chapter longer