Chapter VII

(Y/n) leaned on the desk with the crow next to her. She looked over and remembered that Jonathan was there. "Still asleep? How early did I wake up?" She mumbled. Suddenly, Jonathan woke up from the sound of a loud bird squawk. (Y/n) laughed a bit then looked at Ornith. "Good job" she said. Jonathan looked over at her. "When did you get here?" He asked. "I have been here for about 30 minutes. You have been asleep the entire time." She looked over at him. He nodded and looked at the crow. "Why is there a bird in here?" He asked. "He landed on the windowsill. I decided to keep him. His name is Ornith." She smiled and picked up Ornith. Jonathan nodded and looked at the ground. "Is anybody else awake?" He asked. "Not that I know of." She replied, looking at him. "Y'know, there are things called beds that you sleep in." She said sarcastically. "At least I didn't fall asleep in the dining room." Jonathan said tiredly. "Oh yeah. About that, somehow I woke up in my room?" (Y/n) had a confused face. "You wouldn't wake up so I had to take you to your room. You aren't as heavy as I thought." Jonathan looked over at her. "Oh. Well- thank you." (Y/n) said as she looked in the opposite direction to hide the blush on her face. Jonathan smiled a bit from her reaction.

"So anyway, what exactly happened after I fell asleep yesterday. Did I miss anything important?" She asked. "Not really. All that happened was Firefly and Freeze started arguing while Jerome started joking around about stuff." Jonathan said. "Oh. So the same thing that always happens?" (Y/n) said with a laugh. Jonathan nodded and laughed with her. They continued talking until somebody bursted through the door. "I take it you don't know what knocking is?" (Y/n) said as she rolled her eyes, not paying attention to who it was. "My apologies. But you are needed in the dining room, (Y/n)." Oswald said. (Y/n) left the room and went to the dining room.

Once she arrived there, she sat down. "So why exactly do you need me here?" She asked. "Well, as you know, you just joined us." Oswald said. She nodded. "I can finish talking." Jerome said as Oswald nodded and left the room. "And since the police aren't exactly looking for you, we figured you could trick the police, specifically James Gordon, into thinking you were kidnapped by us and you escaped, blah blah blah you know the rest." He explained, laughing at the end. (Y/n) nodded. "At least I'll have something to do." She said as she stood up. "When do I have to do this?" She asked. "It would be best if you did this...now." He said as he looked at his wrist as if there were a watch there. She nodded again and left the room. 'I guess the last part meant lead them here...' she thought to herself as she walked back to the lab room.

Before she left, the looked at Jonathan. "I'll make Ornith come back here when I'm on my way, when he gets back, get ready." She said as Jonathan nodded. "Who is Ornith?" Jerome asked. Jonathan pointed at the crow on (y/n)'s shoulder. Jerome nodded.

Once (Y/n) got to the G.C.P.D, she pretended to have a scared face. She ran over to where Jim Gordon was. "Jim Gordon! Thank god! I need your help!" She said with a shaky voice. "What is wrong?" He asked as he tried to calm her down. "I-I was kidnapped. B-by that lunatic from A-Arkham." She said. "Do you know where you were? Do you have an address?" Jim asked quickly. She nodded and wrote down an address. She signaled for Ornith to go back before Jim left. (Y/n) was now sitting in a questioning room. She looked at the door, which was opened by Jim's partner, Harvey Bullock. He sat down and looked at (Y/n). "Can you tell me what happened there?" He asked. "I-I'm not sure. I'm a scientist. They made m-me make this gas." She said. "Alright. Did they say anything to you?" He asked. "N-not really. Just the ingredients that were needed for it and the measurements." She replied. "What is your name?" He asked. "(Y/n) (L/n).." she said, looking at the table.

Ornith arrived where the others were and squawked loudly. "He's coming." Jonathan said. They all quickly hid before Jim walked in. Once he did, Jonathan use the fear gas on him to distract him before Jerome hit him on the back of his head to knock him out. They tied him to a chair in a different room and waited for him to wake up. "Where is
(Y/n)? Shouldn't she be here by now?" Jervis asked, walking over to Jonathan. "I sent the crow to the G.C.P.D so she knows to come back now."

Harvey asked a few more questions and (Y/n) answered them. She looked behind him through the window in the door to see Ornith. "And did anything else happen?" Harvey asked. She nodded and looked at him. "What happened?" He asked. "They told me to do this." (Y/n) knocked out Harvey and ran out of the G.C.P.D with Ornith close behind.

She made it back and walked inside. "Man, cops ask a lot of questions..." she said as she looked at Ornith, knowing he wouldn't say anything back to her. She walked around until she saw the others. "Did Jim ever come?" She asked as they looked at her. "You're safe! For a second I thought they knew you were lying." Jonathan said as he hugged her. The others stared at the two. (Y/n) blushed both from embarrassment and from being hugged by him. "Uh..." she looked at the others. Jonathan realized this and quickly sat back down, pretending nothing happened. "Welp..." Jerome said as he looked at the two of them. (Y/n) sat down and stared at the table to hide her face.