Chapter XII

(O/t) = old town

    (Y/n) and Oswald have been hanging out quite a bit lately, which has been making everybody confused. That would mainly be because they hate each other. When they weren't together, (Y/n) would be with Jonathan. While she was with him, she got to be alone. Ed hasn't been around very much but that was due to the fact that he was busy around Gotham.

     "So, what is it with you and Bird-Beak?" Jonathan asked (Y/n) as he leaned against the wall. (Y/n) laughed a bit at the nickname Jonathan gave Oswald. "We have just been surprisingly getting along. Hard to believe. But he has been helping me with something." (Y/n) explained to him. "Helping you with what?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at her. "Nothing of your concern." She said with a small laugh. "Last time I checked everything you do is my concern. Jerome did say I was in charge of making sure you don't get into trouble." Jonathan said with a smirk as if he found a loophole. "That may be true, but my life is my life. I'm allowed to hang out with Oswald." She smirked back at him. He just rolled his eyes playfully and went to go sit down.

It was a little after lunch time and Oswald and (Y/n) were sitting outside. Jerome was out doing something but didn't tell anybody what. Ed was in the Narrows with Lee, while Jonathan and Jervis were just talking inside. "How's it going with you and Ed?" (Y/n) asked playfully. Oswald rolled his eyes at her. "What do you think? He has a thing for Lee." He said. "Ew, Lee? Why her? She's like, really annoying." She made a disgusted face. "I know, right?" He said as they both laughed a bit. "Anyways, how about you and Jonathan?" He asked. "We are still just friends. Nothing more, sadly." She said as she looked over at Oswald. "Well, let's see if you can become more than friends." Oswald said. "That's what you've been trying to tell me but you haven't done anything to help." She said. "Let me finish. Just try to find hints to see if he likes you. You won't know if you just stand around Y'know." Oswald said.
"Oh really? And what good has that done you?"
(Y/n) said, sarcastically. "Hahaha very funny." He said as he rolled his eyes. They both stood up and walked inside. Ed walked to the dining room while (Y/n) walked back to the lab where Jonathan was. She looked at him and saw that he was asleep. She sighed and pat his head then walked back to the table. She leaned on it and stared at the ground.

"Mr. Crane, why do you and Johnny have to leave?" A 13 year old girl asked as the older man sighed. "I have to leave for work, (Y/n). Don't worry, you will see Johnny sometime again in the future." He said as he pat her shoulder and walked over to her father. A boy came out of another house, next to the girl's. "Johnny! Please convince your dad that you could stay here with me and my dad!" The girl said as she ran up to the 14 year old boy. He looked over at his dad and back at her. "I can't... he is making me go to help him with his science stuff." He said. She frowned. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Not sure. Some place called Gotham." He said with a shrug. "Sounds boring." She said with a laugh. "Johnny. Time to go." His father announced. The boy nodded and looked back at the girl. "I guess this is goodbye?" He said. She frowned again and hugged him. "I guess it is."

(Y/n) felt a shake on her shoulder and was immediately taken out of her trance. "You ok?" Jonathan asked. She looked at him and nodded with a small smile. "Yea. I'm fine. Just thinking about something." She said as he smiled a bit and sat back down. "What were you thinking about?" He asked. She just shook her head and looked over at him. "Nothing important." He raised an eyebrow at her. "Try me." He said. "It was just about that time when you moved away to come here." She said as she looked at the ground. He hummed in response. "That's not important?" He asked. "That's not what I meant. I just meant it wasn't important because we both remember it." She said quickly, trying not to make him offended. "I was just joking. I know." Jonathan laughed a bit.

They continued talking for a bit until something zoomed into the room through the window. (Y/n) quickly looked at what it was then realized it was just  Ornith. "Ornith, don't do that. You could've broken something." She said as he flew over to her and perched on the back of her chair. Jonathan pet the bird a bit until looking back at (Y/n). "Question." He said. "Go for it" she responded, looking from the small crow to her friend. "What was the reason you came to Gotham? There were many places to be a scientist in (O/t)." He asked. "I got offered a job at Wayne Industries after college. Not sure how they found me. But I would usually turn down the job, until I remembered that an old friend moved here when we were kids." She said, smiling a bit at the end. "What's this friend like?" Jonathan asked, knowing very well who it was. "He has dark brown hair, blue eyes, has a dorky smile. He likes to scare people and has nothing else to do other than talk to his friend apparently." She said with a little bit of sarcasm as the end. "He sounds pretty cool." He said. "Nah. He's pretty weird. He is also kinda a nerd. But his friend is really cool." She responded, her smile a bit bigger now. He rolled his eyes playfully. "Think whatever you want to." Jonathan said. They both laughed until (Y/n) let out a yawn. "That's a sign that I'm tired and should probably go to bed before I pass out right here." She said with a small laugh. Jonathan chuckled a bit and nodded. "Night." He said quietly. "Night" she responded before closes the lab door and heading to her room.

SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT WRITING THIS EARLIER. I have been busy with moving and haven't had a lot of motivation. I'm so sorry. And I will not stop being sorry. SORRY AGAIN AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CRAPPY CHAPTER THAT I TRIED TO HURRY UP AND MAKE BECAUSE A IDIOTIC SOMEBODY FORGOT TOOOOOOO