Chapter XI

"How long were you a scientist for?" Ed asked (Y/n). She looked him. "3 years. I worked for Wayne Enterprises." She replied. By now Jonathan has left because Tetch, Jerome, and him had to go somewhere. "That's cool. I worked at the G.C.P.D." Ed gave her a smile. She nodded and went back to work. "How do you know Oswald?" She asked as she kept her eyes on the science equipment. "We met at the G.C.P.D and now we are friends. We have been friends for a long time." He explained. They continued talking until the others got back. By now, Ed has been there for about two weeks. (Y/n) and him have started to get along.

Once the others were back, (Y/n) walked out of the lab room. "That took longer than you guys said it would." She said jokingly as Jonathan handed her more stuff to make fear gas. "Well we aren't the best at telling time." Jonathan said with a laugh. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow. "Jervis has a pocket watch with him constantly." (Y/n) laughed as Jonathan helped her take the ingredients to the science room. "Anyways, hows it going with Ed? He is odd in my opinion." Jonathan said. "He actually isn't that bad. He can be weird at times but other than that he is pretty nice." She said. Once they got to the room, Jonathan sat down the stuff. Ed looked up at them. "Oh hey!" He said. Jonathan slightly smiled at him and sat down on a chair in the corner. He wouldn't admit it, but he was a bit jealous of Edward. He looked at Edward and thought for a moment. Edward looked over at Jonathan and smiled. Jonathan gave him a small wave and looked back at (Y/n). "So, where did you guys get all this today? Wait. Don't tell me. Wayne Enterprises. The lab." She said. Jonathan chuckled a bit and nodded. "Yep." He said. They continued talking for a bit until it got dark out.

    As Ed left the room, Jonathan watched the door. Once he left, Jonathan looked over at (Y/n). "I don't like him." He stated. "I know. But you're gonna have to deal with it for now." She said and she looked over at him and leaned on the table. "Is it that obvious?"
He asked. "Mhm... you glare at him and give him that obvious fake smile you make whenever Jerome is talking to you. What I don't know is why you don't like him." She raised an eyebrow at the last part. "I have my reasons." Jonathan said with a sigh. "Am I allowed to know them? Or is it one of those things where you aren't really sure and don't want to say it out loud unless you know for sure because you may be wrong?" She asked. Jonathan shrugged and walked out the door. "Don't stay up to late." He said as he walked to his room. "Can't promise it." (Y/n) said jokingly.

   Once she went to bed, (y/n) stared at the ceiling. Her mind was full of thoughts. "Why has Jonathan been acting odd lately?" and "what if he is jealous of Ed?" She tried to shrug them off and fall asleep, but that made it impossible. She got out of bed and opened her bedroom window. She climbed out of the window and walked to a tree near it. She sat down and sighed. She looked at the ground and picked a flower. She looked at it and started to take the petals off of it. "I wonder if he really is jealous of him... he shouldn't be. I like Ed and all, but as a friend..." she said to herself.

      "Guy problems? I hate those too." She heard a voice behind her. She turned around to see Oswald. "What are you doing out here?" She asked. "I don't sleep, remember? Plus I heard you talking to yourself because when you do, it's not whispering. It's like a normal voice level." He said. She shrugged and looked back at the flower. "What do you want?" She asked. "Am I not allowed to help?" Oswald asked. "Fine. But you've never been with anybody. How would you help?" (y/n) asked stubbornly. "Do you want help or not. And I have never been with anybody because nobody wants to be with somebody that has the nickname of a bird because of the way they look." He said. "True. Anyways, when you came out here, you said you hate guy problems too or something. You're into guys Oswald??" (Y/n) asked. "Why would you care?" He asked. "Oh my gosh! Who? How?" She said, getting excited. "Can you just shut up? Please. If you want my help with that then you will listen." He said as he rolled his eyes. "Fine..." she said.

——————————————————————————-
Sorry about the slow update! I have been a bit busy.