Chapter XVI

Draft saved, December 6. Hah. Shows how motivated I am to write this.
    Like her normal schedule, (Y/n) stayed in her lab for most of the day. Every once in a while, somebody would come by and talk to her.

At one point, Jervis popped into the room to tell
(Y/n) about another meeting. Jerome explained that they were going to do different things blah blah blah. The most she heard was that Jonathan and her were going to check on a scientist that was told to make more fear gas by Jerome.

As usual, she was the first one ready. "Bet he's putting on more eye shadow" Selena said with a laugh at the end. "Selena." (Y/n) glared at her. Selena just rolled her eyes jokingly and walked away. It was funny in her opinion. Jonathan finally walked into the living room. "Taking your sweet time princess?" (Y/n) laughed. "How funny." He mumbled back sarcastically. "Woah somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" (Y/n) asked with an eyebrow raise. "Can we just go and get this over with?" Jonathan sighed and started walking to the door. The two girls looked at each other with confused faces before following him.

As they were on their way, Jonathan stayed quiet while Selena and (Y/n) just chit chatted. (Y/n) was confused. Obviously he had changed. It has been years. But this was odd. Why was he ignoring her? Why was he so stubborn? But she brushed it off and joked with Selena, who got along quite well with her.

   Once arriving, you all got out and ran to the back door of the lab. "So, who goes where?" (Y/n) asks. "Selena will distract them. She knows how to do that. We'll go grab the gas." Jonathan explained. "Excuse me?" Selena put her hands on her hips but got no response. They had already left.

Once inside (Y/n) stole one of the lab coats from the closet and began walking around, signaling when Jonathan could follow. It was quite easy. Well, that was until somebody almost saw Jonathan. But (Y/n) quickly pushed him into a closet to hide him.

"You have to be more careful, idiot. I'm not about to get thrown into Arkham." (Y/n) rolled her eyes. "You have to be more careful, idiot." Jonathan said in a high-pitched tone, mocking her. She'd glare at him. "You're acting like a 5 year old." She would fix the lab coat and continue walking.

{Time Skip}

(Y/n) would see Selena distracting the scientists and run into the lab with Jonathan. She started handing the canisters to him since, y'know, he's stronger. "How many more can you hold?" She asked as she held two more in her hands. "Maybe three." He responded as she handed him three more and took the last two for herself to carry. She signaled Selena, who followed them back to the car and helped them put the canisters in the back. "That's all?" Selena asked.

On the way back, the three were arguing about something stupid. Like which place has the best pizza. The three of them have actually gotten more along during this. "You obviously haven't been to the one of 20th street." Selena rolled her eyes. "There's one on 20th street!?" The other two said in unison. They looked at each other and laughed.

"Please, don't turn me into a third-wheel. It's embarrassing." Selena said as she sat back in her seat. "What?" Jonathan and (Y/n) said at the same time in confused tones, again.

——————————————————————————
Boy, am I sorry for not posting. That's embarrassing. Short chapter. It's all over the place cause I wasn't paying attention. I'll try harder on the next one, sound good? Anyways thanks for reading this. Cya later, alligators.