Chapter 1: The Whole Background Thing

Throughout my whole life I've always been into singing, and acting, so it was no surprise that this would help me get my voice back. This was the only thing keeping me alive for a while during my childhood, I have two parents, more like none though. Ever since I could remember my dad was a dead beat drunk who did nothing for a living, which caused my mom to have a full time job. Now my mom wasn't a bad person, but she was never around to help me with normal things and my my dad was too busy being drunk to take care of me. My mom worked as a full time nurse at a hospital in the Big Apple, and was always gone which left me alone with my dad a lot.

At first it was a pretty normal childhood, until my dad became progressively more drunk and couldn't think straight. First came the verbal abuse, which was whenever I would be too loud during a sports, he would just yell at me to "Shut the fuck up!", next came the emotional abuse, which he would call me names and make me feel like I wasn't good enough. If I would make a bad grade he would always say "A goldfish could've done better" or "You're a worthless piece of shit, that will get nowhere in life." The physical abuse didn't start until I was in 6th grade whenever he had asked me to grab him another beer because he was so drunk he couldn't stand properly. It happened all so fast that when I had went to give him his beer, it dropped and shattered on the floor into a million pieces. I had never seen so much fury in someone's eyes before that I didn't see the hand come up and smack down on me so hard that I fell to the ground. It took a little bit to process what had happened, but I was in such a shock that I tuned everything out and just sat there with my dad yelling at me in the background. 

From there on he would start to hit me more often and for the most smallest mistakes, he just wanted the excuse to hit me. This caused me to turn to singing and listening to music to tune everything out, the band that helped me the most was Twenty One Pilots. Their music gave me life and a purpose to keep going on, when my mom had heard me singing, so she signed me up to attend a performing arts school that would help me with my dream of going onto Broadway. This was where I met my best friend Presley Ryan, who is more like my sister and helps me get through a lot of tough times.

Flash forward to a day that when I was 15, my whole life would change and not for the best. I had made a small mistake of leaving the light on in my bathroom and that woke my dad up, so he had started to beat me and that was when my mom had found out that he was abusing me. She had arranged for me to go over to Presley's house and spend the night to confront my dad, what happened next couldn't have prepared me for anything. It was around 8:17pm when the cops showed up to Presley's house and told me that my dad had killed my mother and then killed himself. I was forced to leave their house and go straight to the orphanage that was over crowded and just didn't care about their older kids, so we had a bit more freedom. 

Since we had no else living in my family, I got everything in the will that was left behind, which caused me to still be able to attend my performing arts school and not leave behind Presley. After that night she knew everything that my father had done to me and since then we had stronger bond and I spent a lot of time at her house. Since the orphanage didn't care about their older kids it was easy to just not be there, it was basically check in every so often to know that we aren't dead. Flash forward one more year and Presley and I were auditioning for this new show on Broadway called "Beetlejuice". Little did I know what was going to happen and how my life was going to change and who was going to enter it.

A/N: I hope you guys liked the first chapter!! I should have the second chapter posted tomorrow, and thank you for reading this story!! I hope you guys like it and I'm always open to new ideas or suggestions! :)