Chapter 2: Auditioning

Hello!! Here is the second chapter, now I don't know how Broadway audition's go so please bare with me :)

As Presley and I make our way to the Winter Garden Theatre we had made a quick Starbucks run to fuel our caffeine addiction. Whenever we made it to the theatre we both went inside and got seated in the middle seats in front of the stage. They had already been working on the stage design and we just looked in awe of what they had done so far. I had started to glance around to see who all was here at the theatre and trying to see who all I could recognize, as my eyes start to look at all of the big people like Kerry Butler, Rob McClure, and Leslie Kritzer I spot someone who was all too familiar.

"Presley! Look who it is! We have the original Dewey Finn in here!" I had whispered yelled, as I had spotted Alex Brightman, who Prez and I loved being able to see in School of Rock.

"What?! This is amazing, who do you think he is auditioning for?" She had asked me, as we still whispered and looking over. I had thought about it and wondered who he could be auditioning for when it finally clicked!

"I bet he's auditioning for Beetlejuice, and he would make a great Beetlejuice as well, right?" I had asked, to which she had nodded her head in agreement with me. Both Prez and I were here to audition for Lydia, we are basically audition for the same roles and always support each other if one or neither of us get the part. I was extremely lucky that her parents allowed me to use them as my contact information and my family, since they were practically my family at this point. This way I didn't have to worry about issues going down with the orphanage and I would be able to audition for shows without any trouble.

As Prez and I kept talking and making sure we had didn't miss anything or let our nerves get to us we were on track to audition. With each name being called and the room getting smaller and smaller, it came down to just having a few people left, and one of those people was Alex Brightman. I was praying that he would get called before I had to do my audition, but luck was not on my side today. When my name got called I wasn't really paying attention, until Prez hit me telling me to go on stage. They had given us some songs to have already to be sung at the audition for each role, and since I was going for Lydia I was singing Home and Dead Mom.

(I really don't know how these work, but bare with me.)

After I had sung the songs, gone over a scene and answered a few questions my time was up and next was Presley's turn, so I stayed in my seat waiting for her to get done. While during her audition, I felt like I was getting a lot of confused stares as to why I was still sticking around and not leaving right away. I did my best to ignore them and focus on Prez's singing, but my curiosity got the best of me and I started to look around at who was staring at me and it was everyone, I felt my cheeks start to heat up and I just moved my head downwards and played with my fingers. Once Prez got done, I was quick to grab my stuff and try to bolt out, but unfortunately in my haste of trying to leave right away I ran into someone, and fell straight backwards. I instantly felt blush and get tense afraid of what was going to happen, I was luck enough to mutter out a small and barely audible "I'm so sorry."

Keeping my head down, I started to pick up my stuff, when I notice the person squat down as well to help me, and as I'm picking up my stuff I hear

"I'm sorry, are you ok? Did I hurt you?" the voice says, and I see a hand come into my view to help me up. I slowly take the hand unsure of what was going to happen and when I get up and see who I had ran into, my face couldn't have gotten more red of embarrassment as I look up and see Alex Brightman helping me and giving me my stuff back. I'm at a lost of words and don't know what to say, but luckily Presley steps in to speak for me.

"She's fine! Don't worry about her! Thank you for helping her up and getting her stuff! Break a leg on your audition and have a good rest of your day sir!" Presley says as she grabs my hand and walks us out the doors and back in NYC. Once we are out and walking to the subway station, Prez just starts laughing at me,

"You should've seen your face! You're really funny when you get really embarrassed and don't know what to do." she says. I turn around and glare hard at her,

"You know how I am around other people, especially around men. I probably made myself look like fool, gotta love that." Once we make it to our stop and head back to her house for the day, I really couldn't shake off the interaction I had with him. I had always loved his roles that he played and I finally get the chance to meet him making a complete fool of myself. I just hope I will never have to deal with that ever again, but little did I know that my whole world was going to be flipped upside down because of the play and a someone named Alex Brightman.

A/N: Don't forget to tell your mom Happy Mother's Day!! :)