Chapter 9: Breaking Point

A/N: There is a brief mention of sexual assault, no details, just mentions of it.

As we get closer to the opening night, everyone is on edge and trying to make sure the show will run smoothly. It's like we are on a huge hill and once we do the first show we will get over that hill and hopefully will be smooth sailing for us. With everyone on edge it has caused all the cast members to be over bearing on me and making sure we have everything under control for when we do late night shows that I have a place to go after the shows. Alex had suggested that I could just go home with him, since I had been basically living with Alex after I told him everything about my life, he even gave me the guest room at his place. Living with Alex has been interesting, he acts like a father to me and it has been proven to be a challenge.

After spending a bunch of time with Alex we have a bit of a routine going for us and working out, which includes him helping me with my homework and me cooking a lot of food for us. Since we've spent so much time together part of me wonders if anything will happen from this, like I'm still not 100% myself around him and there are somethings that he doesn't know about. With everything in place for us to do our opening show, Alex has been extremely stress and has been getting onto me about stuff that normal isn't that big of a deal, the main one was letting him know where I am or if I'm going somewhere.

The day before opening night we had a full dress rehearsal and went through the show from start to finish without stopping. Boy did it take a lot out of everyone, so Timbers let us have a two hour break before we did it again with the notes he gave us, and since tomorrow was opening night I still needed to get an outfit for the after party. This cause Prez and I to go out so I could try and find on, and let me say I tried on so many dress and jumpsuits, that I thought I wasn't going to find anything. That was until I found this gorgeous sparkly maroon dress, it fit me perfectly and was on sale, and I got a sparkly black mesh long sleeve to go under it, which is always amazing, and it only took up an hour of our time, which left us with an hour left. This was when we decided to go to Shake Shack and grab something to eat, which probably wasn't the best idea to be eating greasy food, but you know sometimes you just need to treat yo' self. As Prez and I make our way back to the Winter Garden, she gets a phone call,

"Hey Alex!"

...

"Yeah she's with me."

...

"Ok, I'll tell her that for you. Bye Alex"

...

"Hey, Alex says when we get back, he needs to talk with you in his dressing room, and to check your phone." Prez tells me. As I pull out my phone, I see a lot of missed calls and texts from Alex, all asking me where I was and that I needed to answer my phone, so I knew something was going to happen when we got back. Making our was to the Winter Garden didn't take us very long, so when arrive, I start to get nervous and walk slower, because something doesn't feel right.

As we enter, Prez tells me that she's going to go find Dana and talk with her, since I'm supposed to talk with Alex, which I already know will end in yelling. After it happening to me so much I knew when it was going to happen and I just prepare myself for the worse things to happen. Arriving at Alex's room hit me like a ton of bricks and I wanted to run away, but some part of me made my hand move and give a small knock.

"Come in Lily." they say sternly, and how he knew it was me, was a mystery, but I open up the door and see him standing there looking at me with a hard look and arms cross.

"Close the door and sit down," doing as he says I close the door and go sit on the couch, looking at my hands, and trying to make myself as small as possible.