Chapter 8: Push comes to Shove

A few days after I told Alex everything, he has really become protective of me and always checking in on me, making sure I have somewhere to go each night, which isn't a problem since I basically live at Presley's house. During those few days Prez got better and was back at rehearsal's, which I'm glad she's back, it wasn't the same without her. Ever since I've opened up to Alex, my personality has started to shine through, and I'm being more like myself around the others like I am with Prez. Everyone has also noticed a change in my behavior and they have been super ecstatic to see me come out of my shell, and they are all for it.

Whenever I arrived at rehearsal's for the day, I beat Prez to rehearsal's today since I didn't stay at her house last night and had to at the orphanage. So when I got there I noticed that Alex was with the other adult leads, and normally I would go to the dressing rooms and hide out there until Prez came in, but for some reason today was different and I decided to go sit with them. Whenever I walk over there they all see me coming and I could see a confused look in their eyes as I went to go sit next to Alex, who had a big grin on his face. 

"Is it alright if I sit here with you guys before rehearsal's start?" I say quietly, and even though I'm starting to come out of my shell, I still tend to be pretty shy and quiet when talking to the others. 

"Of course you can hon! We would love to have you sit with us." Kerry tells me with a warm smile on her face. Part of me wonders if I should tell them about why I am the way I am, Dana and Alex took it really well and have made sure to check in on me, though Alex has started to make sure he knows where I am and tells me to call him if anything happens to me. Deep in my thoughts I feel a shoulder nudge me causing me to jump a little out of my seat, earning a chuckle from everyone around me.

"Rob was trying get your attention kid," Alex says with a playful tone, "He wanted to know if you are excited to making your broadway debut when we open." 

"Oh.. sorry Rob, and yes I am, I wouldn't have it any other way, and the cast that I'm working with makes it more special to me." I say with a small smile, and thinking that they don't understand honestly how much this means to me. Part of me starts to think about my mom and if she were still alive what she would think, would she be proud of me? Would she support me? Would I even be doing Broadway? I often get deep into a spider-web of thoughts and get tangled in them, which is what causes me to overthink a lot. Here I am just staring blankly at my hands with all the possible what ifs running through my head, that it's not until a hand grabs onto mine that I'm pulled out of my spider-web. Looking up to see who has my hands, I'm met with a concern look from Alex, and when we meet eyes, I get the "we're going to talk later look" and I can only nod my head at this.

"Alright guys lets go ahead and start rehearsal's from today" Alex Timbers announces, and I was at this moment that I notice everyone had arrived. So I start to look around for Presley and when I do find her, I see her sitting with Dana and she's looking at me, waving me over. I go to grab my stuff when I notice Alex's hand is still on top of mine, and when I go to move my, he looks at me and nods his head, knowing that I'm would feel bad for leaving, but he's telling me its ok. Going over to Prez and Dana, I flung myself at Prez because it's been so long since I've seen her, when in reality I saw her the other day. 

"I've missed you so much, it wasn't the same without you." I say to my best friend.

"Yeah, Lily over her had to actually get out of shell and talk to others, which I must say I'm glad you did talk to me." Dana says in a teasing voice.

"Wait, Lils you told Dana? Is that why you haven't stayed at my house in a few days?" Prez says in a cheerful tone, at the part about me opening up to Dana.