Chapter 7: Day Off Continued

As we walked to his apartment, I start to think about what I'm going to say, like I could tell him what I've been through or just tell him the emotions that I'm feeling. We get to his apartment and already I'm feeling trapped, making me wonder why I even said yes in the first place. Though deep down I know that I should open up to him, and really everyone in the cast, I know they worry about me and can see something is wrong, like Kerry I know would be the mother figure I need in my life. While Adam and Rob I feel like would be more of the cool uncles you have in the family, and then Leslie would be the crazy aunt. The one thing I longed for was a good father figure, but I'm very wary of guys, I've only let Presley's dad into my life, but that's because he was the one who answered to door to the cops. Maybe this time with Alex will help me be more of myself around others, and I can start to trust people again. I hadn't realized how deep in thought I was until I heard a cough and 

"You going to come inside, or just stare off into space all day?" Alex says with a laugh.

I walk inside his apartment with a blush on my with how embarrassed I was, when I get inside, Alex lets go of Kevin from his leash and instantly he's jumping on my legs.

"You can push him off if you want, he can be a little crazy sometimes. Are you hungry? Or want anything to drink?" Alex had started to ask me, and when he did so my stomach just had to let out the most intense growl ever. 

"Just a glass of water would be fine." I say hoping he won't bring up how my stomach decided to make itself known.

"I heard what your stomach did, so we are going to eat something, now I don't have much stuff to cook with here, so I can order some food." Alex replies to me and starting to look at the different takeout menus.

"I could cook something if you're comfortable with me using your kitchen?" I say in a quiet voice.

"No, you are my guest, I'm not going to make you cook, we can order food." Alex say, trying to convince me, but I'm not going to let him win.

"How about if I can't find anything to cook something with, we order takeout, but if I do find something, you let me cook?" I compromise him with.

"That sounds fair, but I'll go ahead and pick something out for takeout since you wont find anything." He says with a confident smirk. 

As I look around his kitchen I notice he has some fettuccine noodles in his pantry along with some decent spices, and all I can hope for is that he has some cheeses in the fridge. When I get around to the fridge I see he does have some cheeses and milk, which is basically all I need to Alfredo with. So when I walk over to couches that he had moved too, I decided to prank him, because from what I've heard, he likes to prank people, as I get closer to him I put on a defeated look, which doesn't go unnoticed by him.

"Looks like I've won this time kid, don't worry though, I knew there wasn't anything for you to cook." He says with a confident smirk, but turns into a look of confusion when he sees me start to grid.

"Actually I found stuff to make Fettuccine Alfredo with, so it looks like I won old man, now sit back and relax, because I'm going to make us food." I reply with a grin, and make my way towards the kitchen to gather the stuff I would need to make the food. Alex walks in behind me and just sits down at the table watching me move around his kitchen. I try to let it show that I'm nervous, since I've only cooked for Presley and her family, so I try to just focus on the cooking and not think about the past. While in my zone cooking, Alex is just sitting there observing me, I turned around a few times and see him watching my every move, so it makes me a little tense, and I wish I hadn't been because that caused him to start talking.