Chapter 14: Day Off Continued

After we ate our lunch, Lin went to go put Fransico down for his nap and once he was done, he had gotten a phone call and took it to his room, which left Seb and I to ourselves. I had no problem being alone with him, I had taken care of little kids before and it was fine. Seb wanted me to play the piano again so we walked into Lin's office to mess around with his piano, and Seb asked me to play a song from the show I was in, which was hard to figure out since all of our songs are about death or had multiple people in it. While in the middle of thinking what song to do, it finally hit me, I could sing part of 'Girl Scout' and stop when she rings the doorbell. After the song was done, he asked me to sing some more, so I started to sing some of my favorite songs from Twenty One Pilots, Sebby favorite was Chlorine. Though he was really confused about the lyrics and even more confused when I tell him that it's a poisonous gas, which I just tell him that when he's older the lyrics might make sense to him. After playing on the piano for a while, I hear Lin walk out of his room with a sigh, meaning that the call was stressful for him, and Seb heard his dad walk out and ran right for him, making me chuckle a little. When I go out to catch up with the little man, I see him bugging his dad and Lin having a stressed out look on his face. 

"Hey Seb, why don't we go back to playing with the piano? I can play some more songs." I try to get him to come with me

"But I want to be with daddy" Seb says whining to me, and he starts to pull on Lin's sleeve, while Lin is trying to make a cup of coffee.

"Daddy, come play piano with Lily and I, she's amazing!" Sebby continues on tugging on his sleeve and I can tell it's getting on Lin's nerves and he's getting annoyed.

"Not now homeboy, daddy's got to do a little bit of work. Lily do you mind watching him? Fransico shouldn't be up for another hour and I'll be done by then." Lin says looking at me, and Sebby still on his sleeve.

"Yes sir, I can do that" Going to go get Seb from Lin's sleeve, which doesn't settle well with Seb, causing him to tug on his sleeve more, making Lin spill his coffee. 

"Sebastian! I said not right now!" Lin says raising his voice at him, and it happened all in slow motion, like a flashback from my birth father when he would beat me and raise his voice at me. I yank Sebastian behind him and shield him with my body for whatever blows may come, what I don't realize in doing this is that Lin just stares in shock. It seems like everything is frozen until I'm brought back by a gentle hand on my shoulder, making me flinch. 

"Lily, sweetheart, it's alright, let Seb go, nothing is going to happen" Lin says gently, snapping me out of my daze and releasing Sebastian. It takes me a moment to fully realize that it's not my birth father that is about to beat me, but I still stay frozen, and Lin takes Seb to his room. As he's doing this I snap out of my thoughts and panic, so I do the most logical thing I know to do, I run out of their place and run as if my life depended on it. I run to the park where Alex first found me in my hammock, and showed me what it really meant to be a father, once I get there I climb the tree and cry. I felt like I was lost and all these good things happening to me will just go away, it just makes me overwhelmed with my emotions. My thoughts where all over the place and I couldn't pin point what exactly was going on, and I felt my phone going off like crazy, which draws me back to reality. I just left Lin's place when he's suppose to be watching me, but I was just so caught in my thoughts and scared, not of Lin but at my flashback. I feel so lost at what happened, I'm ashamed at how I reacted, now I can't go back, I know that Alex told him about my past, but nothing could prepare anyone for that. As I'm running out of the apartment complex I hear

"Lily?" 

But not really comprehending who said it, I just kept running, pushing through everyone in the street. As I'm stuck in my own thoughts, and me ignoring my phone, I hear my name being called from a distance, along with pounding footsteps. It makes me wonder if I should climb higher so I won't be spotted, looking up and debating on what I'm should I do, a tug on my dangling feet answers my question.