Chapter 4: Prepping for the Show

After a few weeks of getting into a routine of Prez and I walking every where together, we had gotten a new person in our group that made us into the Three Musketeers, and Dana was a great fit. We all goofed around and wreck havoc every where we went, there are a lot of memories we made and a lot of TikToks, which was my favorite part. I just felt bad because around the guys I was still pretty shy and nervous around everyone, which didn't go unnoticed by some of the cast members. I was a completely different person around everyone than I was with just Presley, I tried really hard to be more open and more like me when I'm with Prez, but I was too nervous and haunted by my past. I've heard many people go up to Prez and ask her why I was so outgoing with her, but she never told them. The one person who would go up to her the most was Alex, he would always see how cautious I was around the guys, but had a whole different personality around her and when I was acting.

One day I was walking to get some Starbucks by myself, because Prez was sick and couldn't make it to rehearsal's, which meant 1.) I had to walk by myself and have no one to talk too, but I could listen to my music, then 2.) I would be filling in for the role of Lydia for rehearsal's today and 3.) I wouldn't have my best friend there, which means I will be quiet and people will ask questions. As I get my order from Starbucks and continue on my journey completely oblivious to the world around me, I feel a hand come down on my shoulder. Not knowing who it was, my mind went back to my father and I let out a small scream, and a jump away from the person, but luckily I didn't drop my coffee. As I turn around and yank my headphones off I see who had scared me, there with his hand held up and a concern look on his face was Alex. My eyes immediately went to his hand and flinched away from him, then I looked down and muttered "I'm sorry"

Alex looked at me with his concerned eyes, and in a calming tone said, "Hey it's ok Lily, it's just Alex! You have nothing to be sorry for, I was the one who should've said something to get your attention. I was just going to see if you wanted to walk together since Presley isn't going to be there today and I was in the same Starbucks as you." He says holding up his coffee that he had gotten.

"Oh, um sure," I say quietly, "Sorry again for screaming, I wasn't expecting to see anyone on my way to rehearsal's."

"Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. Are you ready to be filling in for Presley today?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit nervous though, and not having Prez there is going to be interesting for me," I say speaking quietly.

"You're going to do great, don't worry so much and relax. You've got this, and that just means you're going to have to actually speak with us since she won't be there today," Alex says with a laugh. I just nod my head and look down, like I know it's going to be fine and no one is going to hurt me, but my brain just won't let me shake away the feeling. All that different type of abuse scared me mentally and physically, my brain just loves to make me overthink everything and my anxiety loves to come out and make me mess up. I didn't realize how quiet I had gotten and how deep in my thoughts until I hear Alex say,

"Penny for your thoughts?"

I look up to him and shook my head no, not trusting my voice to say anything, luckily we get to the theatre and I bolt inside and straight to my dressing room that I share with Prez. I feel bad for leaving him there at the door, but it's a tight walk to the rooms and I already felt uneasy about being here without Prez, that I didn't want to get a panic attack. Once I'm in the room, I change out of my sweats and put my leggings on with a loose fitting shirt. With that being done I head to the front where the stage is and take a seat waiting for rehearsal's to start. People start to pour in and Dana sits next to me, which makes me feel slightly better about everything, but I get back on edge when Alex sits down next to me. As we all sit down and everyone moving back and forth between being on stage and seating down, we get to the big scene with Beetlejuice and Lydia on the roof top. Alex and I start with playing around with the blocking, that when we got to part where I say "I think I'd rather just jump off," I decided to throw Alex in for a surprise and really almost jumping off that stage. It was kinda risky because if Alex hadn't actually caught me around the stomach, I would've fallen down into the pit. Thankfully it paid off and Alex Timbers really liked it, but suggested that I don't actually try and jump off. (But I can't make any promises) After this scene, it made me start to think that there might be a possibility that I could trust Alex, so as we sat down I turned to him,

"Thank you for catching me, and sorry for not telling you about it, I thought of it right as I started to do it," I say quietly looking down at my lap. Silently hoping he's not mad at for doing that and hoping that I didn't hurt him or his arm from him having to catch me.

"You're real lucky that I have fast reflexes and I caught you in time, I thought I was going to miss and going to have to watch you get hurt. It was a good touch though, and you're gonna have to tell Presley what was added now." He says in a calming tone.

As we are dismissed for break, Dana and I decide to get some food and eat it at the theatre, it was then that I decided to tell her about my past.

A/N: I also thought I posted that last chapter on Sunday as well lol sorry for the delay, here's the next part in the book!! :)