It's Over | Chapter I

A/N: Hiii!! I hope you enjoy this chapter it isn't very long but it's just to set a background to what will happen in the story that isn't in the series.

Nini's POV

After the premiere of High School Musical Ricky said he loved me back. I think I have never been this happy. Not only that but the thing is that I was accepted for the Youth Actors' Conservatory in Denver which has been a huge dream of mine. The thing is I don't know what to do now, I'll take some time to choose, it is really hard especially now that I'm with Ricky in a good place. I would love to go to a performing arts school but it would make my relationship with Ricky so hard. Anyway, I will take some time, after all, I have two weeks to answer back, and that's enough time to talk it with Ricky and think about it myself. I stayed at the school for about an hour talking with the theatre club. We were all so happy and yet sad that it had ended. We decided to go to Ashlyns and have another round of Carlos's game. I asked my moms and as they let me I started to prepare my things to go out with the gang. I had a lot of things to put away so I decided to go later, and as a gentleman, Ricky stayed with me and helped me.  We started talking about the last months, I told him that if he wanted he could come to my house instead of staying at his because it could be uncomfortable and at my house, it wasn't awkward anymore since we were back together.  He told me not to worry, but I couldn't help it. About 20 minutes later we went to Ashlyn's. They had already started without us and we were in separate teams. While we were playing I received a message from my mom saying "Tell Ricky to come to sleep at our house, he shouldn't go to his house, at least not tonight." I got worried about what could have happened and was worried if he rejected my invitation, he had already before and I couldn't tell him the message that I had received because it could stress him. Luckily I was able to convince him when we finished playing we went to my house with Ricky.

When we got there I got a mattress and some blankets and a pillow for him. Before going to sleep we sang together and I played the piano, and we went to sleep but before I started to write what happened today, I am currently writing this, so that in the future I can remember of this incredible day, my premiere as lead and getting back with the person I love.

Narrator's POV

The following day when Nini and Ricky woke up Nini's moms had made breakfast for them, to break some news on Ricky as gently as possible. Nini realized when she saw the breakfast but was hoping that it was a mistake, she acted as normal as possible. When her mother started talking she starting holding Ricky's hands and then he realized what was going on and started panicking...

-No...please, no. I can't have more bad news, I'm better now please just don't tell me yet. - Ricky started talking.

Nini hugged him as from Ricky's face there were tears falling. He was really strong and barely cried. He usually cried when something or someone he cared about got hurt. No one knew what to do, Nini decided to be there for him quietly and her moms followed her. After breakfast they got ready for school, when they arrived at school together everyone stared at them, the only ones that knew they were back together were their friend from theatre. Ricky went to talk with Big Red and Nini with Kourtney and some other friends who didn't know the Ricky thing.

They all started asking about him but she decided not to talk much about because of all that Ricky was going on and the choice she had to make. On the other hand when going with Big Red all he asked was why he hadn't slept at his house since the last time that didn't happen was because of his parents. He told him all he knew which wasn't much. It was really hard for Ricky that position. All he knew was that his mother and her boyfriend were there and so was her father who probably was overwhelmed. During school hour Ricky only saw Nini during theatre and lunch and sometimes English. When theatre period came all the theatre kids, Ricky, Big Red and Kourtney went to the auditorium to meet with Miss Jenn who would give a speech and announce their next show. They all went running full of intrigue of what the show would be, some thought High School Musical 2 but what threw them off that idea was that the leads would be the same.

When gathering in the auditorium they all saw Gina who hadn't stayed for the cast party and hadn't been seen in the whole day. Anyway they were all so excited that no one to a second to ask her how she was except for Nini and Ricky. Gina was struggling, she was supposed to stay at Ashlyn's but never went there the day before. Ashlyn had spoken to her through chat that was why she didn't ask her personally she already knew all she needed. When Nini asked at first Gina refused to answer but when Ricky asked, who she clearly liked, she spoke as soon as he asked. Her mother wasn't staying but she had got a scholarship in an academy there in town. It was like a college, they lived in dorms but something different was that they didn't go to school there, it was for arts extracurriculars, they went to a normal school and after that time they had to attend to different classes, dance, theatre, chorus, painting and many others. The idea of this scholarship was for orphans with interest in art many kids attended without living there because they had a family, the scholarship covered a great part of the normal payment and included the dorms. Gina's mom preferred that she lived there because it was safer and wouldn't bother her friends family, however, every now and then she was allowed to crash at Ashlyn's house. After catching up with their friend Miss Jen gave her speech of how proud she was and what an amazing performance they had done. She then continued to announce the show, the next musical was...