Surprise | Chapter VI

After the gathering at Ashlyn's, Nini and Ricky went back home. They weren't really tired and Nini's mothers were on a trip for the weekend so they decided to try to compose a song. Ricky sat on the piano and started playing a melody, Nini sat on the keyboard and started playing the same melody as him a few tones higher and it sounded great. Nini started singing the first words that came to her head, at one point in the song they were so connected that they changed to the same other chords, and then Ricky started singing with what came out of his mouth. When they finished playing they looked at each other, their eyes were sinking in a sea of darkness. Ricky got close to Nini and kissed her. When they got apart they decided to write down what they had just played. By the time they finished, it was almost 3 am, luckily it was Saturday and they didn't have class that day.  Despite the fact that they finished writing down the music at 3 am they went to sleep at 5 am because they kept talking about life.

The following morning they woke up at 1 pm, they had their breakfast with their lunch, they had scrambled eggs with avocado left from the previous day breakfast. The next thing they did was go outside for a walk, they talked for a while and had the best time until they ran into Jo who "accidentally" bumped into Nini. She did it with such strength that Nini almost fell, however, her knight in shining armor caught her. That only made Jo madder. She stormed out without even having said a word. We decided to ignore her and continue their pleasant afternoon. They were by their school and Ricky's phone started ringing, it was EJ, he wanted to only talk to Ricky, but Nini was there and Ricky wasn't the best liar and even worse with someone he cared about. He told her the truth which she didn't really mind because the "truth" for Ricky was that EJ wanted to talk to him, and nothing else. Nini started heading back home and Ricky sat on the benches in front of the school while talking to EJ.

A/N: So, this part I'm doing with points of view because I feel that it is necessary for this part of the story, tell me whether you prefer this way or with a third-person narrator.

Nini's POV

We were walking with Ricky until he got a phone call, he got nervous when he goy¿t thee call and started saying that he had to leave and didn't want to tell me who it was. He isn't a really good liar and ended telling me that it was EJ. That wasn't something that I expected but he couldn't lie if his life depended on it. I started heading home with a lot of thought in my mind. "Why does EJ want to talk to Ricky?", "Did something serious happen?" "Why can't I know?" I was really distracted when I hear a horn, I looked to my right and saw a convertible sports car and a guy with sunglasses in it he had a black outfit, it took me some time to realize who it was until I did. It was my cousin. He lived in New York and was the typical EJ but from the big city.

Ricky's POV

A/N: I'll try to write them in parallel so that's why the moment doesn't really end...

Nini didn't buy my bad lie, I suck at lying and I'm not really proud, sure at least I'm honest but sometimes it can really backfire. I had to tell Nini the truth, once I did she started leaving and I stayed where we were to talk to EJ. He told me that he was trying out for Julliard, it was a very scrupulous institution, and only very talented and prepared people were accepted. In this College talent wasn't the only thing that mattered, so he had to show that he deserved being part of it. He didn't want to tell the rest about his audition because he didn't want to get their hopes up. We organized ourselves and I would help him practice for two hours every week but each week the day would probably change.

Nini's POV

I jumped into the passenger seat of the car and hugged him, I haven't seen him in almost 5 years he had graduated three years ago. He was studying in Julliard, I had got my love for theatre from him, when we were little we would see each other more often and I wanted to be like him. He just like Nini had started with theatre at a very young age, principally because his best friend's mom was a Broadway actress and made her son go to theatre and he would go to support him but ended liking it. His friend dropped out of musical theatre academy at the age of ten when he started with football. They were still very good friends and his mom started mentoring my cousin. Anyway, I was really wanted to know why he was there.

-Hi Josh!! It's been so long!!- I started, it was kind of awkward because we hadn't seen each other for so long, he hadn't seen me since I was 11 years, I was a child, we had spoken through messages though so we knew about our lives.

- Great! I have really missed you, I have wanted to come for a while, but I never had enough money, I have been spending it in ways to improve in musical theatre.

- I want you to tell me everything about Julliard. I mean you've told me through IMessage but it is not the same.

-Yeah, I know, besides, there's another reason why I came and I wanted you to be the first one to know and in person.- Josh said with a voice that I couldn't tell if he was nervous because of something good or bad.

I'm really excited about the next chapters, what do you think is that he'll tell her? Is it good or bad?