The Song In Your Heart | Chapter IV

Nini, Gina, and Ricky started discussing what to do about Jo, the first thing Gina had warned them about had already been proved. They knew that they had to lay low but how?
- I know, Nini you have to pretend that you are going through a fight with him and ask her if she'll talk to him, then Ricky should tell her what she would like Nini to do if she tells you the truth we'll know that she isn't that obvious or thinks that you would end thing by yourself because she wants to be with Ricky alone.
- Yep and believe me when I say I DO NOT WANT to be alone with her. She's odd, I mean who treats their siblings that way.
- Okay, so we should do this tomorrow let's pretend we fought during the night we should go to school as we are already mad at each other.
After planning the next move they talked for a while, in the meantime, the rest was in the auditorium going over the variation Carlos had taught them and practicing for the auditions and giving each other feedback. Nini pretended as if she was going to audition for Tanya, no one understood yet they didn't question her. She was going to audition with "What I Know Now" from Beetlejuice. In her school, they didn't have to audition with the actual song the character sang but with one that was the same type, anyway in callbacks they audition with one of the songs in the musical.

When she started singing and acting everyone realized what a good actress she was because although they wouldn't have thought of her for Tanya she did an awesome job, despite this she would never audition for this role in the first place although it was fun to portray. Next up Jo decided to try for Sophie, singing "All That Matters" from Finding Neverland which caused some controversy in the group because Kourtney was using it as one of the songs for Donna's audition. It wasn't a problem that they chose the same song but that song wasn't very Sophieish so it would be kind of awkward trying to portray her in it. When she finished singing no one commented on the song because they knew that even if Nini did audition f Tanya she would get Sophie. Kourtney decided to go next, she was nervous, she didn't want to cause tension so she didn't practice with "All That Matters" but with "Carnaval Del Barrio" from In The Heights, in each song she had to portray a different moment of Donna's development throughout the story, each one that auditioned had to choose the two most important "Donna's" in the story, Kourtney chose Dancing Queen Donna (Carnval Del Barrio) and Slipping Through My Fingers Donna (All That Matters). Everyone felt like in Washington Heights, the "barrio" in English neighborhood in which In The Heights is set, they were embodying Latinos.

In the middle of Kourtney's song the bell rang, the free period was over, they had to go to class. Nini had math with Gina and Ashlyn, Ricky, on the other hand, had a history with Big Red, EJ, Kourtney, Seb, and Carlos. During the math's class, Nini was on the moon, she was imagining herself singing "Honey, Honey" as Sophie.

The scholar realized that and asked her to go to the board to solve an exercise of the new topic they had learned that class which Nini didn't pay attention to

The scholar realized that and asked her to go to the board to solve an exercise of the new topic they had learned that class which Nini didn't pay attention to. Despite that, she was able to resolve it with logic which made the teacher speechless. When she went back to her seat Gina asked how she had done it if she hadn't paid attention but she wasn't able to explain because she didn't know either, she had been blessed that moment. After an hour of class, the bell rang and they left school, as it was Friday they were going to hang out later at Ashlyn's with the rest of the theatre group. Ricky and Nini went to Nini's house and on the way ran into Ricky's mom who wanted to talk about all the Todd thing. However, Ricky was not in the mood, he just wanted to be left alone and just for a moment to forget about their family problems and be happy with his girlfriend. He blew his mother off completely and she tried to punish him but she had been away for a long time and had come back without the respect she had left. Ricky did no longer sees her as an authority.

When they arrived at Nini's her moms had made some luncheons. They had cooked pancakes for that moment and a cake for the meeting, After eating a pancake they went to the room to lay down. Nini started playing the keyboard and Ricky accompanied her with the guitar, in the middle, they started singing. Unconsciously they were composing a song, an amazing one. The funny thing was that they were each singing with their heart and yet the lyrics went well together. At about 6 pm Nini went to shower and get ready. She got all dressed up and put on make-up, Ricky contrarily Ricky just had a shower and put on a hoodie and then same pants he was wearing earlier.

At 7:30 they went to Ashlyn's that was one block away, they went a little bit earlier because they wanted Ashlyn to help them make some adjustments to their song. When she heard it she was in shock.

-Oh, I love it, I love the harmonies and how your voices sound together, it just gives me peace. I don't have a lot to add, I would make some changes in the lyrics because for moments it seems that you can't breathe because there are to many words, and you can't sing it fast because it's a slow song. I would also add a third voice in the bridge and chorus but only in some phrases to emphasize and because it would sound great, other than that I think it's perfect. I can't beñieve that you wrote it in one evening. -Ashlyn said excitedly.

-Honestly, I can't believe it either, the songs that I wrote in one afternoon I just made a base melody and the lyrics.-Nini added also in shock.

-Well, I never wrote a songs so I can't say I have a past experience.-Ricky said laughing.

They chatted for a few minutes more until their friends arrived and they could start the party.

A/N: Sorry for a short chapter, I just wanted to post something because during the week I won't be able to write probably😅♥️