First Day | Chapter X

A/N: Hiii! I finally finished this chapter!! It took me really long because I didn't have much time during the day and I started again with online classes and due to the length I couldn't upload it earlier. I hope that you enjoy it! Also, you can enlarge the cover image if you can't see it complete.

Nini's POV

After the surgery I couldn't stay longer, Ricky was still asleep and I didn't want to bother Mike.  Josh and I went back home and so did Jen, tomorrow was Josh's first day and we had to celebrate. My moms threw a small dinner party and invited my grandma. During dinner, they started having a very joyful conversation and I was still worried about Ricky, I hadn't told my moms because I didn't want to spoil Josh's party. I had to leave the table and have some time to myself, I couldn't handle it anymore. My moms understood that I needed time and let me go to my room. I started playing a few melodies on my keyboard but I felt so bad that the chords were really depressing and blue. I started pressing them really hard and when I realized I started throwing pillows at the wall. At one point I just started losing strength and fell and started crying. "What will I do without him?" "What if he doesn't get better?" "What if he wakes up and doesn't recognize me?". I always was an over-thinker and in these situations, I just wish that just for a moment I can stop thinking, just pause for a second. I decided to go to sleep early and go visit Ricky tomorrow before school and then go to administration and tell them about Ricky, Mike asked me to, he wanted to be in the hospital at all times just in case.

The next morning:

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and got ready for school. I had a bowl of cereals for breakfast and left at 5:30 despite the fact that school started at 7 am. I wanted to visit Ricky and Mike. When I went by the hospital I bought Mike a coffee and a doughnut at a Starbucks across the street from the hospital. When I got to Ricky's room they were taking up to ct to check that the bleeding had been controlled, they were hoping that he would wake up today. I asked Mike if he needed something but he didn't want anything so after a few minutes after talking to Ricky I went to Josh's apartment to pick him up and go together to school. We arrived early so we went to the auditorium to finish cleaning up what we had left yesterday.

Josh's POV

I woke up at 5:30 am and got ready for my first day as the theatre helper. At 6 Nini came to pick me up and we went to East High to clean up the auditorium. We arrived at 6:15 because it's only 8 blocks away from where I'm staying. We had to go first to reception to let them know about what had happened to Ricky on Mike's behalf. I spoke because Nini was too fragile, probably saying it would break her, it was too much. After that we went to the auditorium, we had to clean all the dust from the instruments and lights, and then swept everything. By 6:45 we had finished so we went to buy a coffee before Nini had to go to her first class.

I tried to talk to her about Ricky but she just seemed hopeless like she had given up. Either because she didn't think he would wake up or because she didn't want to get her hopes up and get disappointed. I decided to ask her about her classes today to see if she could come by the theatre class in some break if she had time. After 10 minutes talking we went running to the school so that she wouldn't be late.

Kourtney's POV

In three minutes class was about to start and Nini hadn't arrived. I hadn't heard anything from her since the morning of yesterday. "maybe something happened?" "an emergency?". I needed to know that she was okay, especially because Ricky wasn't at school either and Big Red hadn't heard anything from him since yesterday as well. "Did they run away?" "Why would they run away". All these thoughts came to my head, and I couldn't shut them up. I was sort of in the moon until the bell rang and my mind came back and I started hearing someone calling me: it was her, Nini was okay. However, Ricky wasn't, I wanted to ask her but the Calculus teacher arrived just on time as always.