Not Trustworthy | Chapter VII

Josh's POV

-I'm going to live here for a while...- although I was excited my voice came out really low and trembling.

-WHAT?-She replied with the joy of a little girl on Christmas morning.

-Yes!! I'm supposed to get an extra credit for a subject and an option is giving classes of theatre at a school and I'm going to give at East High.- it was the first time I said all those words together, and it felt so good.

The bad thing was that now that she knew everything was more real, which meant that in two days he would más starting to give classes and he felt even more nervous that at his audition for Juilliard or his first day of college.

-How did you get the job?- she asked curiously, she seemed really confused and yet intrigued.

-I have been a friend of Jennifer for a while and when I told her about this she told me to give class with her here, and I thought that it was a great opportunity.- I explained to her while she kept her confused face. It took her a while to react and gather what I had just said but when she did she seemed to have figured answers but more questions had popped into her head.

-Wait? Jennifer as in Miss Jen? How do you know her? - it took me by surprise that she knew her. Although she had been teacher the previous months I wasn't sure if she had presented with only a surname or with name too.

-Oh yeah I guess she is Miss Jen,she is Matt's mom's best friend, you remember Matt right? Her mom mentors me.- I wasn't sure if she'd remember Matt they had met once but a long time ago.

-Yes! I remember him and I'm so glad that you'll give class at East High. However, where will you live?- when she asked it seemed like someone had died, the change in the mood was so sudden that it hit differently.

-I rented a bedroom in an aparthotel and your moms invited me to stay at your place but I didn't want to intrude. Specially I don't want to cause any problem, with...your boyfriend. Tell me all about him.

Nini's POV

He asked me to tell him about Ricky, I didn't know what to say, I needed to buy some time so I made up the most stupid yet amazingly effective excuse.

-I'll tell you but don't you want a tour at East High first?-I answered to his question, the excuse was so lame but I was about to pánico for no normal reason and that came to my mind.

-Fine...-he gave in, although he would need the tour, or so I would have thought that any normal person would need.

We drove until the school and didn't say a word, I was thinking of what to say and he was driving carefully. When we arrive at the school I saw that Ricky was still talking to EJ on the phone, so I just waved at him and went directly into the school, I didn't want to interrupt it seemed serious for the two of them to be talking for so long. As soon as we entered Josh seemed managed to get around the building, he seemed  to know his way around, I wondered if from the movies or instinct because he had never come before and it wasn't a small school. We went to the auditorium and started singing, until we heard a door slam. I went running to see who it was and couldn't see anyone but I continued looking and I heard Ricky recording a voicemail to EJ saying "EJ can we talk, I need you to find out if Nini's cheating on me, I just saw her with another guy." I followed him silently and called him as if I had just ran into him:

-Ricky! Hey, what are you doing?- I wanted to start a normal conversation as if I hadn't heard what he had told EJ, but I suck at lying, however, it shockingly worked.

-Oh...urr...emm...I don't want to talk right now Nini.- he said with an unusual tone of voice, his voice trembled as if he was going to give a speech to the class or if he had an oral exam.

-Why?- I asked confused, I thought that he would've gone directly to the problem instead of avoiding it, because that's what he usually does when we argue.

-Well, you want to talk? - he said with a sarcastic/sassy/angry tone.

-Yes!-I was kind if nervous when saying that, but if he wasn't going to bring it up by his will, I would have to find a way of getting him to tell me why he thought I was cheating on him, and how he could think something like that.

-Okay who is that guy you were singing with?- when he said this his voice went back to normal but with very little energy, as if he had given up.

"Was he jealous of Josh? Really?" I kept wondering this, there was no reason for me singing with someone else meaning that I was cheating on him.

-Are you jealous?- I wanted to know the truth, "was that what he was jealous about or something else?"

-Umm, no, I just want to know why are you talking to him.- his voice gained power on that phrase, it seemed as an order but on a polite way.

-Because he is my cousin.- I said it without an introduction so as not to give him reason to doubt on me, I loved Ricky, and this couldn't break us up, especially not because of Josh.

-And I'm supposed to believe that? Good try but I'm in love with you not stupid, I won't fall for everything you say.

-If you don't believe me ask him what his relationship with me is.- was he doubting that much, there had to be another reason for him to not see me as trustworthy.

I had to force him to go to the auditorium to meet Josh, that was the only way he would believe me. Due to this problem, I realized that something was going o his head that I didn't know and made him doubt my words, which he had ever doubted on.

A/N: It's a short chapter but I haven't posted in a while so I wanted to upload at least something, I am already thinking of what will come next so hopefully I'll post again this week if I'm able.