Already? | Chapter XII

Nini's POV

When I went to look for Mike, I saw one of my moms with a man I had never seen and a terrified face. I went towards her and she said: "Honey, umm this...is...umm", the man interrupted: "I'm your father". My face went from concerned to confused in a matter of seconds. Of course I knew I had a father but I thought that it was a sperm donor, but this situation wouldn't have occurred if that was the case. My mom told me to talk with him, and ask him all the questions I had, which given my age would be probably uncomfortable for him.

The first thing I asked was how he had met my mom, he kept silent, I looked at my mom who clearly didn't want him to answer that. 

-Mom?

-Okay, this is Joe. He is your dad and the did thing is. I dated your mom for some time and then we broke up for a couple of months in which she dated Joe. Then they broke up because I still loved Dana and she still loved me, about a month after we got back together she found out she was pregnant with you. We loved each other so much that we decided to get married and raise you. We never told Joe because we didn't want him in your life. He is a good guy but we didn't want to confuse you. 

-So wait what age were all of you then?

- I was 23 - Joe answered - Dana was 22 and Carol 24, we met in college. We were all friends when they dated but when I dated Dana, Carol sort of stopped seeing us and then Dana broke up with me and never talked to me again.

- Nini, I know this might be so much and I'm so sorry. 

- I have to look for Mike.

- Is Ricky okay?

- Yes he just, he woke up. 

- Who is Ricky? - Joe asked

- Her boyfriend. 

I left to look for Mike and found him on a bench outside. 

- Hey! Mike!

- Hey Nini any changes?

- Actually yes. He woke up. 

- He did?! - Mike started jumping excited and in about a second disappeared from my view. 

I followed Mike and when I got to Ricky's room he looked at me with a smile. I went besides him and asked him how he felt. He said that great specially because he was discharged. I thought it was pretty fast so I went to ask the doctor. 

- I'm sorry doctor, but isn't it early to discharge him?

- Hi Nini! Usually it would be but we did all tests, early ambulation and he has no neurological deficits and his injuries are pretty superficial because they healed fast. He won't be able to go to school and will have to come for a weekly check up but he seems fine to leave. 

- Really? That's great! Thank you for everything really. 

- Well thanks to you, your course of treatment woke him up. I know you are still a junior but I was wondering if you have considered studying medicine?

- I really haven't given it much thought yet, but I would like to be a doctor. Well, I should go help Ricky get ready. 

- Bye. 

About a week later

- Hi Nini! 

- Hey Kourt!

- How's Ricky? 

- Much better. Mike told me he can start receiving more visitors. 

- Really, that's great I should tell Big Red.

- Absolutely, by the way. Do you like him?

- Who?

- Big Red. 

- Nooo, absolutely not. 

- Oh really? I thought you did. I mean you were so close. 

- Oh that? I've been helping him with Ashlyn. 

- Wait he likes Ashlyn? Since when?

- Oh right, I forgot that you have been out of the world since the beginning of this year. 

- No I haven't. 

-Yes, you have but I won't continue arguing I'll go tell Big Red. See ya. 

I kept on thinking about one thing Kourtney said. Had I really been on the moon for half a year? I sure had many things on my head but I guess maybe she was right. I left to go to calculus. When I got there the class was empty. I texted Seb who was in that clas with me. 

Seb💕

Heyy Seb!! How are you??

Great! How are you? You aren't in "calculus". 😆

About that where are you? 

I'm at the class and it's empty. 

Why the ""? hahaha 

Of course not! 

The teacher quit this morning. 

We each have to go to our clubs. 😁

That's amazing.

Right?

 I'll see you at the auditorium. 

Bye!💞

End of chat

I went running to the auditorium. When I got there everyone seemed so stressed and I didn't know why.

- Hey Carlos! Why is everyone so nervous? 

- The question is how aren't you nervous. 

- It's just a class. 

- No it's not. Today are the auditions. Where's your head Nin?

- No that can't be that's next week on the 4th. 

-Today is the 4th. 

- Noo no no. That can't be then Ricky won't be able to audition. 

- I'm sorry. But you should practice even if Ricky isn't Sky you should be Sophie and Josie can't be and she will unless you audition. 

- Of course I'll audition. Where's Miss Jenn? 

- She hasn't arrived yet. Technically this isn't her period. 

- Right. I'll leave you I should practice. 

- Okay, later!

Second Chances | Rini storyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara