Spring Musical | Chapter II

When the theatre educator started saying the show all the future cast held hands with their hearts beating more rapidly than ever, as if they were suffering from tachycardia. The name of the show came slower than any sentence they had ever listened to.

- The musical is...Mamma Mia!!!. - Before everyone could get excited Jennifer started jumping of joy. It had been her dream to direct it.

Everyone started shouting, dancing, and jumping full of exhilaration. Everyone had their dream role in this musical so the choice for the audition wasn't hard, this time even Big Red and Kourtney were auditioning instead of taking part in the tech crew.  Miss Jenn went on to explain how the auditions worked, for some new kids who had joined the club and already attended that school and also, for three new students, who were siblings,  at East High. It was two brothers and one sister, their names were Joey, Jack, and Josephine, also known as Jo or Josie. They had transferred from New York City, their parents were from Salt Lake City and had left for business. The kids had lived their whole lives in New York which was a big city which was a big change for them. After explaining the auditions the teacher presented the new participants of the club when she presented the three siblings Gina whispered into Ricky's ears "let me warn you that girl will go after you and the lead", she then went near Nini and said, "you should practice a lot for your try out and take care of Ricky, Jo WILL for sure try to get to be with him".

Nini didn't know how she knew that and felt a little unsettled just knowing that, so as soon as Miss Jenn finished talking and introducing the new members she grabbed Gina who grabbed Ricky. As soon as they got to a place where no one could hear them Gina started to explain herself.

-Look I'm not crazy, I know her. I lived in New York for a few months, she is "the Sharpay" or "Regina George", and also a mythic bitch just like Heather Chandler from "Heathers". And her brothers are the most accurate imitations of Ryan. If you want to be Sophie you should take care and not let her know. if she knows that you'll be auditioning against her it's your end, not as Sophie but as a person, she'll make your life a living hell, I am well aware of this, you do not want to go through that sensation.

- Okay...that I get, but what about Ricky?- Nini asked confused.- sure she wants the role but that's it she won't destroy me literally.

- Well, Ricky is the Troy Bolton and that's what she cares, she isn't going to go after EJ or at least not for real she may try to trick you but she wants the lead and she has already auditioned of Sophie and was competitive and upset when I got it. - Gina continued.

- Wait really? It's not a joke? How do I know you won't try to get Sophie and go behind my back? You tried it with Gabriella.-Nini doubted.

- I promise you, besides I got to play Sophie so I don't want to play her again, I had auditioned of Tanya and that's the role I'm going after again. Look if you don't trust me just be friendly with her, pretend that you don't know this, and say that you will audition for Tanya, just like me. She'll try to get you against me so that I don't get it, she hates me. That way you'll realize, and Ricky take care of Nini and don't let that snake get into you. I mean it I'm not the old me. I've changed thanks to all of you.  Besides I am familiar with how she treats her enemies and you don't want to be one at least not until you know that you have the role.

After saying that Gina left and Ricky and Nini stayed, Ricky who hadn't spoken before said:

- Look, Nini, I know you don't trust Gina a lot, but I do. She helped me these past months, she is a good person, and she has changed. I know that you don't see it but that's because you barely knew her. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do what she said, you should just to be sure instead of being uncertain.

-I trust you and you trust Gina, so that's enough, I'll do what she said if you say that's the best option. However, part of me hopes that she is lying. 

-A part of me does too because that way your chance of being Sophie wouldn't be threatened, which I don't think is because you are just the perfect Sophie, just as you were the perfect Gabriella, however, if she lied how could we trust her then?

- I know, and you are right. Let's just hope that Gina is right yet that the new girl doesn't get Sophie.

- I'm pretty sure that she won't. - Ricky said with a small smile on his face.

After that dialogue, rehearsal began. Because they needed characters to start rehearsing scenes they danced, Carlos taught them a new variation which would probably be included in Voulez Vous. Jo stood in the center of the stage. She started to show what Gina warned Nini and Ricky. When rehearsal finished the OG theatre kids, and members started talking about going together somewhere and Miss Jenn overheard and told them to invite Jo and her brothers, not the kids that already went to the school because they had already left to make plans with their other friends. At first, they all doubted but Nini decided to take this chance to get to know them and said:

- Sure that's a great idea you should come to my house I'm sure my moms won't mind.

- Oh, thank you so much that's soooo nice of you - Jo said without trying to hide the sarcasm, she wasn't a good person and enjoyed being sarcastic.

Nini decided to ignore her comment. She realized that Jo didn't care about making friends yet. Jo believed that everyone would try to be her friend just because she came from a big city, but she was wrong and with that attitude, she gave a bad impression on the only people who might consider being their friend. Her siblings, however, were nice and got along with the guys. When they arrived at Nini's they decided to sing. Firstly Nini started singing with Ricky, they decided to sing "What You Mean To Me" from Finding Neverland. Nini had taught the song to Ricky the previous night and they had made amazing arrangements and their voices blended greatly together in the harmonies. While they were singing Jo was texting someone, and Gina knowing her overlooked at her phone, she wasn't able to see who she was texting but she was talking about Nini, well criticizing Nini, Gina wasn't surprised but acted as if she hadn't seen anything, she even acted as she didn't remember Jo from New York.

As soon as the couple finished singing they proposed that Jo and her brothers sang, they sang "I Want It All" from High School Musical 3. When they started singing a silence was made because once the show ended they promised not to sing a song from someone else's character, clearly the newbies didn't know but it sill caused tension in the group. In the middle of the song, Seb joined because Joey, one of Josie's brothers saw that he was mouthing Sharpay's parts so he made a little sign for him to join, partly to hear him sing and to piss off his sister. When he joined everyone lost tension, Seb was singing his rightful part. However, Jo wasn't very happy with Seb joining and stopped singing, but her brothers didn't and continued vibing with the one and only Sharpay Evans in Salt Lake. When the song ended the new girl stormed out and her two brothers were forced to follow her despite wanting to stay, but before leaving they got Seb's phone number to chat and arrange to do something another day without their sister knowing. Carlos got a little jealous because saw the way Joey, one of the brothers looked at Seb, his boyfriend. After the dramatic departure of the new kids, they continued singing and didn't care much that they had left, not because they didn't want them there but because they didn't know them and didn't feel bad that they weren't there. It started getting late so they ordered some food to eat while playing the iconic board game Carlos had made and they had been playing recently. The game ended at about 10 pm so everyone started leaving because they couldn't stay until over 10:30 due to security measures, in the meantime Ricky and Nini cleaned everything up to go to bed because the next day they had school.

Before going to sleep Ricky received a text from an unknown number. It said to go outside of Nini's house, as he didn't know who texted him he first checked through the window. The mysterious person saw him and waved at him. When Ricky saw who it was he refused to go outside or to tell Nini who it was so she had to go outside to find out on her own.

A/N: I am not from the USA so I don't know very well how the musicals are divided, as in categories of spring, and winter. Most of what I know comes from movies and series so let me know if I make a mistake so that I can correct it. Hope that you enjoyed the story.