Chapter 3

A/N! Another update ik! This one's kinda fun. Kinda. it also hurt a little to write lmao. 

As Jackson's eyes left mine I was confronted with the fact that the girl next to him had her finger tips touching his arm slightly.

Hannah.

It was so small. The gesture.

And he wasn't even touching her, he actually looked so closed off from her it was almost amusing. But by the way she was absent-mindedly tapping his forearm with her finger tips, I knew they were fucking.

So, I looked away and shook it off. It doesn't matter.

I'm happy he moved on.

Leaving Jackson's profile I whip my head back round to Jayden's and shake my head at him.

"Pardon?" I say, wondering if he meant to say it in such a tone.

When he said I looked good there was a glint in his eye that made me worry, we weren't going back there buddy.

"Nothing." He says slowly and I narrow my eyes at him as he grins a little at my annoyed face.

"Jayden, no chance." I laugh and he sits back on his seat smiling at me, almost looking defeated.

Boys are ridiculous.

Speaking of boys, my phone starts ringing and I panic when I see Cole's name. I watch as the other people around the table pause their conversation as my phone interrupts them. And I watch as Lucy looks at the screen name and smirks.

She was fond of Cole. As you can imagine.

"Sorry, I have to take this." I say to everyone and stand. Leaning down to Lucy and explaining that I may or may not have totally forgotten to text him that I was safe and home.

Whoops.

My bad.

Lifting my phone to my ear I greet Cole and leave the table.

"Hey babe." I smile and then awkwardly pause realising that as  dart my eyes back to my friends, they were not  even pretending not to be listening.

I hate to admit it but I wish that I could say I saw Jackson's eyes flash or his hands clench. But they didn't. He just continued to talk to Luca.

"Ivy James." Cole starts and I cringe.

"Ok, I'm sorry. I totally forgot. Everything's been a little fast paced since I got back."

"This is how it's going to be isn't it? You forgetting about me." He mumbles tragically and I laugh.

"I honestly think you should go for it, the acting scholarship."

"Oh shut up and stop changing the subject. You said you'd call Nena."

Nena: baby.

"I am sorry. I'm safe and sound I promise."

I look back at the table, everyone has falling back into easy conversation. I make my way to the makeshift bar and try and make myself a drink one handed.

"Where are you?"

"Just at Jayden's, with everyone. What about you?"

"Well I was at Stacey's but the girl kicked me out as soon as she was finished with me. Honestly she's like you but less friendly."

"I told you so." I laugh and frown at the fact he got kicked out. "That sucks babe."

I start to pour myself a glass of wine, in a plastic wine glass and take a sip. I hope nobody minds that I'm just helping myself, I have money so I could just buy the bottle of off whoever brought this.