Chapter 49

*I'm excited for yous to read this- is Jackson out of order?*

Jayden's on the phone as Jackson and I get ready in his bedroom.

"So are you's on your way yet?" Jayden asks and I have him on speaker so Jackson laughs. I'm running late as per.

"Jay I haven't dried my hair yet, we'll be like twenty minutes."

Jayden was having us all round again and I wasn't worried about it this time. Something in my head changed, like Jayden's house doesn't seem scary anymore.

"Okay can you pick up Nora on the way? She needs a ride."

I look over at Jackson and he sends me a quick nod.

"Yeah of course."

"Okay thanks, please don't be too long. You two are always late at the moment." Jayden says and I lift my eyes to Jackson and he has a small smirk on his face.

"Okay Jayden this conversation is making us later." I say and Jay just laughs and says goodbye.

I brush through my hair and then start blow drying it.

"Why are you even drying it?" Jackson's voice is so quiet that I struggle to hear him and I just flick the switch back off and give him a look.

"You know I can't hear you." I say.

Since we've been back from the beach, we've been really good.

But as the weeks go on, there's a small background sort of panic from both of us at how quickly this time is going and so it's been really intense.

We haven't talked about it.

Of course.

Jackson gets off the bed and walks over to me, taking the hair dryer in his hands and turning it back on to try and blow dry my hair. I do it in a way where my curls like scrunch but I wont interrupt him.

I let his hands run through my hair as he concentrates on trying to get my thick layers to dry and I smile softly at his gentleness.

"I think it's done." He says and I smile up at him.

"Thankyou." I say and look back at the mirror and laugh at the frizziness.

I love him, but he has just made me have to straighten the whole thing now.

"Is there any chance you can ask your mum if I could borrow her straighteners?" I smile up at him and he smiles nodding and leaving the room.

He was so fucking sweet.

God.

I start doing my makeup and it's just light but Jackson furrows his eyebrows when he comes back.

"Why are you putting makeup on?" He mumbles as he plugs in the straighteners for me

"Um, because it's fun and I'm good at it?" I say and he rolls his eyes at me.

Why has he always hated me in makeup.

"Okay."

"Well I thought it looked good." I laugh and turn back around in my chair, picking out a tinted lip balm and rubbing it across my lips.

"You always look good Ives, I didn't say anything."

"Okay." I say and just ignore his presence as I run the straighteners through my hair.

I hear his name being called from downstairs and I look at him through the mirror and he stays laid out on his bed waiting for me.

"Your mum's calling you babe."