Chapter 7

A/N: i really like this chapter so i hope you guys do too :) remember to share your thoughts and your love. The world or at least my world needs some positivity<3

"Wait what? A picnic?" I ask, closing down my laptop and leaning back on my desk chair.

"Yeah, we're all going down to the Valley after school, and the boys and I are going to kick a ball around and get some practice in for next week's game. And well, Luca actually said about inviting everyone seeing as it's such a nice day and then we thought we should bring some food and make an evening out of it."

It was now Friday and I was sat at my desk doing some schoolwork when Jayden rang me.

The valley wasn't even a proper valley, it was just this really pretty and popular field that ran alongside the river. It was a definite prime hang out spot for friends, especially in the summer. Many families came and a lot of teens used the area to mess around and kick a ball about.

I just was surprised.

We never did so many things like this when I was here. Even before the whole Layton thing.

Lucy wasn't joking when she said everyone was a lot closer.

I had seen at least one person a day this week, asking to go for coffee or asking to come and visit. It was so nice. It was also exhausting, so much social interaction.

But I gathered that as it was my first week back, it would either calm down, or I would just get used to it.

"Oh. Yeah okay, I'm not doing anything. I might as well meet you all there. What time are you going?" I ask and start checking whether I had done everything on my to-do list.

"Well we still have a while here." Jayden laughs and I realise oh yeah, they're all still at school.

"But we could always meet you there at like half three? I might be late because I'm going to stop home and grab food and blankets and stuff." Jay explains and I tick off my last thing for the week.

"Well I am actually already done with school work for this week so I could always bring some stuff for us?"

"Oh yeah that would make it easier. If you could grab like something for us to sit on and then bring some food that would be great. Everyone's going to grab a few things from the shop beforehand."

"Oh, that's cool, honestly I might go down there soon and get some reading done. I'm supposed to be starting a new book on Monday but it wouldn't hurt to get ahead. So, I'll just set everything up and wait for you guys? Is that cool?"

"Yeah that sounds good. Honestly, I am so jealous that you are at home, whilst we are all stuck here." Jayden chuckles and I just smile to myself.

This really was the best decision.

"I bet. Anyway, who's agreed to come then?" I ask carefully. Casually. Totally casually.

"All of us actually. Like everyone sat round the table."

Love how I still have no idea who that is. How would I know who sits together now?

But I'm not going to ask again.

"So, what four blankets?"

"Sounds good Ives. The lunch bell just rang through so I gotta go. I will see you in a couple of hours yeah?"

"Yeah cool. I'll be under that big tree probably. But I'll lay some of the blankets in the sun."

"Sound's good."

"Okay, see you soon." I smile and he disconnects the phone call.

After emptying out my large dance bag I packed it with as many blankets that would fit and then also, some sunblock, earphones, a speaker and my book. I was almost set. But looking down at my green floral dress, I decided to slip on some bike shorts underneath so I was covered.